United Pro Search is seeking candidates for a Medical Lab Tech/Medical Technologist (MLT/MT) –- Full Time for a 400 plus bed hospital located a short drive south of Richmond
Evening and night shifts are available
Prefers Blood Bank exp
Job Description for Medical Technologist:
Performs routine and specialized moderate and high complexity laboratory tests on all types of blood and body fluid specimens under minimal supervision. Insures accurate and reliable test results by adhering to a strict quality control program. Performs instrument function checks and preventative maintenance procedures according to department's policies and procedures. Maintains records and statistical data according to regulative requirements. Teaches new employees and students laboratory policies and procedures. Collects chain of custody urine drug screens as required. Performs breath alcohol testing as needed. Assists as needed in all laboratory areas as required to maintain appropriate patient care.
Job Requirements for Medical Technologist
Education: AS or BS degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Degree must be in Medical Technology/Medical Lab Tech. or one of the biological or chemical sciences. Laboratory training through an accredited laboratory school required.
Experience: One to two years’ experience preferred.
New grads with Bachelor’s degree would be accepted
Licenses/Certificates: Registration as a Medical Technologist/MLT, (ASCP), (AMT), HEW, or CLS (NCA), MLS required
Benefits for Medical Technologist
• Competitive SIGN ON BONUSES (for select departments)
• Student Loan Repayment
• Education Assistance (Tuition Reimbursement)
• Certification Reimbursement
• Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
• Short & Long Term Disability, Flex Spending Accounts
• Paid Vacation, Sick Time, Holiday pay
• Employee Discounts Program: Cell Phone Discounts, Gym Membership Discounts, Tickets and other Services
• Tuition Discounts for some BSN programs