Family Practice MD
A progressive community health in western Massachusetts seeks a BE/BC Family Medicine Physician to join their busy family medicine office located in the heart of the Berkshires. This full time physician will join a dedicated team of healthcare providers and will provide comprehensive and continued care to clinic patients. This will include routine and emergency office based care, support of health promotion and preventative medical care. This Clinic offers an excellent starting salary (commensurate with experience) and highly competitive benefits. Clinic will sponsor successful candidates who desire an H1B or J1 visa and who meet all CIS requirements for same. In addition, qualified candidates will be eligible for loan repayment programs under the NHSC.
The Physician contributes to a work environment that is caring, collaborative, and innovative. This person will support CHP’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as well as CHP’s policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides comprehensive and continuing care to CHP patients; obtains records of patients health history; performs comprehensive physical assessment as part of a total physical examination; diagnoses, treats, and plans appropriate healthcare for patients; refers patients to physicians and/or outside agencies as required; establishes and maintains patients electronic medical records and other necessary
- Provides and prescribes medications within area of specialty; performs laboratory procedures and interprets lab results; provides case management services for select clients; provides group, community, and individual patient education; participates in the on-call physician
- Participates in patient care audits for quality assurance and utilization reviews to maintain and improve the patient care standard of excellence; maintains medical professional standards and knowledge by attending continuing education programs; may provide administrative management input for staff including performance reviews, hiring decisions, disciplinary actions,
This position requires successful completion of academic requirements of an accredited medical school. Electronic medical records experience is required.
Provides supervision to professional and allied health care staff as well as residents engaged in the delivery of patient care.
- Thorough knowledge of medical techniques and procedures, medical and lab equipment procedures, and medication; proficient in use of medical and laboratory equipment; skill in diagnostic procedures for diseases and the drug therapy needed for
- Ability to interact with others with tact and diplomacy; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position; contribute to a positive team spirit; balance team and individual responsibilities; display highest degree of professionalism and
- Respond appropriately to patient needs; manage difficult or emotional patient situations in a way that instills trust and respect; solicit feedback to improve
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; work well under pressure; complete tasks correctly and on time with limited supervision; step in when needed and cross train for additional site coverage; respond promptly to requests for service and
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations; respond well to questions; complete administrative duties accurately and
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts; solve practical problems; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule
- Punctual and reliable; ability to maintain schedule
- Spanish speaking/bilingual is a
Berkshire County, located in the far western region of Massachusetts, is one of the premier destination spots in all of New England. Abutting New York State to the West, Vermont to the North and Connecticut to the South; the Berkshires is made up of 32 quaint cities and towns, each with its own history and beauty. It is rich in culture, outdoor activities, logging and fine dining. Berkshire County is also an easy drive to both Boston and New York City metropolitan areas.