This location is 2 hours South of San Francisco and 45 minutes to 1 hr in each direction of Monterey, Salinas and Paso Robles
Manager of Emergency and Respiratory
Responsible for the management of the emergency and respiratory therapy departments. Has 24 hour accountability for the management of personnel, fiscal and material resources. Coordinates the scheduling of department staff according to patient acuity; maintains and monitors staffing records and statistics. Supervises and leads assigned personnel in day-to-day operation of the department.
Administrative Management Responsibilities
• Recommends the development of new policies, functions and services, as well as improvement\s to existing systems, to Administration.
• Evaluates nursing needs, develops and implements nursing care plans; services requiring special skills.
• Implementation of new programs or revisions to existing ones reflect this activity.
• Initiates nursing procedures on a regular basis.
• Interprets Hospital policies, objectives and operational procedures to staff.
• Written policies and procedures reflect active and continuous interpretation of operational objectives, systems and goals.
• Minutes of department meetings reflect mechanism, to transmit information to employees.
• Ensures that policy and procedure manuals are current and are regularly reviewed by staff members.
• There are policy and procedure manuals that govern the scope of department responsibilities and functions
• Procedures are reviewed annually or on a regular basis; reviews/revisions are noted and dated accordingly.
• Participates in Hospital Infection Control programs.
• Cooperates with Infection Control Committee and Infection Prevention Nurse.
• Monitors that all staff members demonstrate a concern for personal and work area cleanliness; assures that staff practice infection control techniques outlined in department Policy and Procedure Manual.
• Participates in Hospital Quality Review programs.
• Hospital and department Quality Review procedures are consistently observed.
• Standards and review mechanisms outlined in the Quality Review plan are followed.
• Department Quality Review report is submitted according to established procedure sand timeframes.
• Identified problems and/or concerns are addressed according to procedures established in the Quality Review plan.
• Establishes and maintains effective interdepartmental relationships.
• Exhibits responsiveness to others in organization (returns telephone calls, punctual in meeting attendance, available to meet, etc.)
• Demonstrates continuing effort to maintain positive relationships with physicians, supervisors, others in authority.
• Acts as a positive liaison between employees and Administration in matters of employee morale and communications.
Human Resource Management Responsibilities
• Interviews and selects employees.
• Establishes realistic recruitment criteria and utilizes these in the selection process.
• Position descriptions and performance standards for new positions or new employees must be prepared before registering a vacancy.
• Utilizes EEO principles in the interview and selection process.
• Consistently makes hiring decisions which result in more efficient staffing.
• Utilizes employment references as a portion of the employment process and documents to the employment record.
Fiscal Management Responsibilities
• Plans and implements an overall budget.
• Communicates to staff the need to be cost conscious and monitors compliance.
• Monitors cost and productivity reports to determine if responsibility area is operating within budget parameters. Justifies variances in all expense categories for each budget section as requested.
King City is basically an agriculture community with low cost of living, low crime ,no traffic
Fabulous weather and proximity to coast. Small city feel but people live outside of King City usually. It's about 40 minutes in either direction to a larger city. .It's a small and nice community.
• Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
• Minimum two years progressive experience in Emergency Room.
• Knowledge of legal aspects of Emergency Room nursing.
• Knowledge of Emergency Room techniques and management.
• Current California RN license - required
• Current AHA BLS, PALS and ACLS certifications - required
• Board certification in emergency services - preferred