My client, a midsized hospital located in Western Mississippi, about 2 hrs from Memphis, TN, has a need for an experienced Respiratory Therapy Director to join their team. The Director oversees approximately 10 FTEs.
- Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal, and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including patient care delivery, information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding. Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
- Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
- Integrates evidence-based practices into operations and clinical protocols.
Basic Life Support (BLS) required one month from hire date
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) six months from hire date
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) six months from hire date
Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) six months from hire date
Minimum Work Experience
Must have at least five (5) years on-the-job management experience at a hospital or other healthcare type institution.
Valid and Current MS Board of Respiratory Care
Registered Respiratory Therapist
Valid and Current National Board of Respiratory Care
Located in the heart of the legendary Mississippi Delta – halfway between Memphis, Tennessee and Jackson, Mississippi – this city combines the charm of a small town with the educational and cultural opportunities of a much larger city. This is a place where you find equal opportunity to get away from it all or to be in the center of vibrant activity. Less than a two hour drive to Memphis or Jackson, the entertainment, cultural and shopping opportunities of these metropolitan areas are close at hand, while the wide-open spaces, abundant woodlands, and lakes and rivers offer the best in country life. If shopping is your passion, you will be pleasantly surprised. In fact, the city has earned a reputation as the Shopping Mecca of the Delta because of the variety and number of quaint specialty shops located there. The County's natural resources are second to none, offering a wealth of outdoor recreational opportunities. Because of the terrain and mild climate, public hunting and fishing areas abound, and the County's large lakes and rivers beckon boating and water sport enthusiasts. And, along the banks of the Mississippi River, you will find the 756-acre Great River Road State Park, with facilities for picnicking, camping and a 72-foot observation tower that provides breathtaking views of the Mississippi River.
Salary likely won’t go above $95K.