Base Salary - $110,000 to $120,000
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available
The Director Emergency Services FSED assures service, growth, development, personnel management, and resource allocation and management controls in order to ensure consistent high-quality patient care in the Emergency Department. Provides oversight to ancillary departments such as Imaging, Lab, Admitting, Security, Environmental Services, and Support Services.
• Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
• Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
• Advances the patient experience agenda in the Emergency Department.
• Coaches immediate subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
• Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
• Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
• Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
• Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
• Participate in employee and patient rounding and identifies and mentors potential future leaders
• Enforces standards of emergency department care and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing emergency services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
• Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
• Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
• Is responsible for department’s operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards.
• Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
• Seeks new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
• Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
• Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
• Advances the growth agenda for emergency services.
• Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
• Develops and builds strategic external networks.
Education & Experience