Our client, a large busy hospital located about an hour from Charlotte, NC, has a need for a VP of Surgical Services to join their team. There are 15 OR Rooms. 100 PRN+FT Staff members. There is a Director of OR.
Accountable for the overall administrative leadership, strategic implementation, capital planning and cost center financial performance of the operations of Surgical Services. Directs the department's activities and resources to achieve departmental and organizational objectives.
- Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements/objectives of the organizations.
- Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including patient care delivery, information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives for the following units: Main Operating Room, Endoscopy, Same Day Surgery, PACU, Our Patient Surgery Center (Tate), Open Heart, Sterile Processing, and Unifour Pain Treatment Center.
- Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding. Determines and justifies equipment and supply purchases, department contracts, and fosters vendor relations.
- Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
- Integrates evidence-based practices into operations and clinical protocols.
- Coordinates and directs internal/external audits with reporting to proper committees.
- Adherence to all core measures initiatives, patient safety goals, and NQF safe practices.
- Master’s Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Nursing or other related field
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
- Current RN license to practice in NC
Minimum Work Experience
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of progressive leadership experience in a hospital/healthcare environment with exposure to matric operating structure and experience working with system and service line leadership.
An “All- America City” and recognized as a “Most Livable Place to Live,” this area is located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and boasts a long history of craftsmanship, being renowned as one of the top producing furniture communities in the nation. The region is dotted with quaint downtowns that boast shopping, dining and recreation options, as well as a growing number of vineyards. Schools are well regarded and educational opportunities include Lenoir-Rhyne University in Hickory, with Appalachian State University and Wake Forest University nearby. The local arts scene is supported by organizations like their Museum of Art, the Western Piedmont Symphony and the Choral Society, and millions are being invested to create greenspaces – including a Riverwalk – for residents and visitors alike to enjoy. This vibrant region near the mountains offers close proximity to a number of cities in North Carolina, and a wealth of recreational opportunities. The temperate climate makes outdoor recreational destinations like Lake Hickory and the Blue Ridge Mountains a joy.
Salary range is $115,000—177,000.