They are a top-performing quality hospital. They have over 300 of the most respected and qualified physicians in the area. They offer an Advanced Primary Stroke Center and a Cancer Care Center. Their services include open-heart surgery and a wide range of specialties. They give advanced care to critically ill patients. They offer emergency services at our main emergency room (ER). They also have a pediatric ER and two freestanding ERs. Together, their team has an unwavering conviction to improve more lives in more ways.
Salary ranges from $125-165K annually based on years of leadership experience – if they have 10-15+ years of leadership experience I would say it’ll fall between $145-165K annually.
-15% annual bonus incentive
-If relocating from out-of-state will likely be able to offer $15-20K one-time relocation bonus
Provide leadership for planning, management, implementation, integration and coordination of the Quality Department and Medical Staff Services in support of facility goals dedicated to excellence, effective leadership, and financial stability. The Quality Department includes Infection Control, Joint Commission, CMS compliance, Core Measure Abstraction, and Medical Staff peer review and quality oversight, as well as facility wide performance improvement and quality oversight. The VP of Quality & Compliance supports the delivery of high-quality, cost effective patient care through activities based on facility strategic goals and objectives.
In this role, you will:· Directs development of specific short and long-range programs and project plans to obtain the facility objectives.
· Responsible for the planning and coordination of the Quality Department and Medical Staff Office functions, the operational efficiency and effectiveness as well as major impact on all other hospital areas. Participates and facilitates Performance Improvement activities using CRMS’s process improvement methodology – PDSA.
· Effectively interviews and selects a qualified number of personnel as required to meet department objectives. Ensures hiring practices conform to appropriate Affirmative Action/EEO practices and regulations.
· Provides direction to the staff of the Quality department and Medical Staff Office. Reviews performance of the department’s staff and approves staff evaluations. Responsible for appropriate disciplinary action of staff members as needed.
· Oversees the prioritization of projects and directs resources to ensure the attainment of facility goals.
· Responsible for ensuring the department meets and adheres to all applicable federal, state, Joint Commission and local regulatory agency requirements and for ensuring the department and facilities success in any regulatory survey. Coordinates training and process for Survey readiness including tracers, identification of deficiencies and oversight of action plans for improvement.
· Participates on various committees and other task forces as may be established by management to plan, organize and drive the facility.
· Directs and/or participates in regular discussions and reviews on a variety of diverse/complex issues including financial and administrative matters, which have hospital-wide impact.
· Responsible for making decisions required to maintain acceptable operations based on strategic goals and policies. Displays ingenuity and foresight in determining the most appropriate solution in the absence of established guidelines.
· Confers with other department directors when necessary to resolve procedural difficulties, clarifying department responsibilities, objectives and resolving identified problems.
· Responsible for special projects as assigned by the Administrative Management Team. Meets all objectives as set forth in individual evaluation and displays a good work attitude towards job responsibilities.
· Adheres to hospital/departmental attendance policy, work hours and maintenance of personal appearance as stated in facility policy.
· Ensures sound hand hygiene is fostered by education, measurement and intervention, to ensure improved outcomes related to the spread of infections by poor hand hygiene.
· Ensures risk reductions occur for hospital acquired adverse ventilator events by working with the organization’s Risk Management Staff, Infection Control Practitioner, Critical Care leadership and Respiratory Care leadership to foster improvement in ventilator care by education, measurement and intervention as findings indicate.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or healthcare-related field
· 4+ years data analysis in a healthcare setting
· 2+ years in acute care (hospital) quality with demonstrated leadership (Manager and Director-level experience)
· Licensed RN or Healthcare Professional (most commonly candidates will be RNs, but we can consider if they are, for example, a paramedic, physical therapist etc. and then move into hospital quality)
· CPHQ is required (but we offer a 12 month grace period for obtaining)
-Reports to Chief Medical Officer of the Hospital, but we also have Division-level VP/AVP over Quality
-Direct reports will include Director of Quality, Director of Patient Safety, Risk Manager, and 3 Quality Coordinators
-Monday-Friday days schedule, but 24/7 accountable, some long days/weeks based on deadlines/surveys/etc.
-Responsible for all regulatory activities (joint commission, state interventions), be familiar with core measures, focus on strategic initiatives for the hospitals quality/risk management programs, and must know how to run a hospital-wide quality council (presenting to a board of trustees/executive team)
· They essentially oversee both the Risk Management/Patient Safety program (incident reports, process improvement for those) as well as the hospital-wide quality program