We are seeking candidate for sterile Processing Manager – role for McLean VA
5K Sign on Bonus
Salary: USD $100,300 – $117,900 / yr
To supervise, plan, and direct the cleaning, sterilization and processing of surgical instrument trays and the surgical case cart system of for the Ambulatory Surgery Centers, procedure suites and their respective Service Line clinics. In addition, supervises technical staff. Direction is received from the Director of Perioperative Services. This position works closely with the Service Line of Facility Operations and other departments to maintain required standards.
• Plans, organizes, and directs the work of the Sterile Processing Units, to include the safe, efficient decontamination, preparation, and sterilization of all reprocessed instrumentation and equipment. Be able to provide guidance and training for the OR staff as the instrument specialist.
• Oversees the sterilization of all instruments from all clinics in their respective Service Lines. This includes the training and monitoring of off-site instrument handling and transportation to and from the Sterile Processing Department.
• Provides leadership for the sterile processing staff including hiring, training and development, coaching, counseling, scheduling and evaluating, in conformance with EEO/AA goals, personnel policies and union contracts.
• Participates in interdepartmental, service area, Service Line meetings and committees and task forces to develop and implement programs and processes to achieve strategic objectives - may include National KP committee participation.
• Establishes, interprets and applies policies and procedures for the decontamination, cleaning, sterilization and processing of sterile trays, procedure trays, case carts and surgical equipment; coordinates development and modification of policies and procedures with interdisciplinary departments as appropriate.
• Coordinates in-service training on sterile processing techniques and procedures; determines competencies required and establishes methods for determining competency in consultation with the Director of Perioperative Services, Perioperative Educator and the Directors of their respective Service Line Clinics. This includes the coordination of preventative maintenance of the equipment, quality control, infection prevention, and the enforcement of all policies and procedures.
• Participates in the preparation and administration of the Sterile Processing Units' budgets; evaluates equipment, supply and staffing requirements; oversees the requisitioning of surgical instruments and equipment for the ASC and their respective Service Line clinics. Coordinates with the FSS in the management of sterile supplies, maintenance of the equipment, environment of care, and the management of the Sterile Processing sterilizers and washers.
• Reviews efficiency and effectiveness of unit operations.
• Maintains records; prepares a variety of correspondence and reports, including all documentation of sterilization practices, competencies, all in accordance with CMS, APIC, AORN and IHASCHM guidelines.
• Minimum eight (8) years of experience as a surgical technician/technologist or certified sterile processing technician.
erial experience in decontamination, sterilization and processing of surgical trays and carts in an acute care or ambulatory surgical setting required.
• Bachelor's degree OR four (4) years of experience in a field related to sterile processing and perioperative services.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Current certification as a Certified Central Sterile Supply Technician (CRCST).
• Minimum four (4) years of experience in decontamination, sterilization and processing of surgical trays and carts in an acute care or ambulatory surgical setting preferred.
Is there additional variable compensation?
5K Sign on Bonus
This position has direct reports.
Describe how this position fits in your organization.
This position keeps our members and patients’ infection free in our hospitals and clinics
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements of this position?
Must have Sterile Processing certification from HSPA/IAHCSMM or CBSPD
Must have sold management experience and has managed a department and supervised staff
Must have been involved in department audits
What are the nice-to-have skills?
Presented sterile processing techniques to leadership, other departments and staff
Worked in a union environment
Worked in an operating room
Good computer skills
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please include team and company culture.
Upward mobility, great opportunity to move up