Our client, a 75+ bed hospital located just over an hour from Tucson in SE AZ, has a need for a Clinical Risk Manager/Patient Safety Officer to join their team.
Works with hospital Leadership, the Board of Trustees and the Health Support Center to develop and implement the risk management. The position is responsible for the hospital’s risk management and patient safety activities, which include, but are not limited to: administering the risk management program on a day-to-day basis; managing and analyzing risk management data, trending, identifying gaps in results or program aspects; identifying opportunities for improvement; leads committees to integrate risk management into committee work product; interfacing with HSC on claims management; and minimizing loss to protect the assets of the hospital. Ensures a proactive approach to Incident and Risk management across the Hospital.
The position oversees the Patient Safety program including organizing, coordinating and carrying out initiatives to improve the quality and safety of care. Acts as the liaison to the Corporate Patient Safety Organization (PsOrg).
Position reports to the Director of Patient Safety and Quality with dotted line reporting to the CEO.
- Registered Nurse (BSN or higher) – Current License, 5 years hospital experience. At least 2 years Risk Management Required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field: Healthcare law, finance, healthcare administration/business, or other pertinent field.
- Understanding of patient safety principles, identification of healthcare risk and risk mitigation strategies and processes. Ability to navigate electronic medical records. Complies with legal, hospital and departmental policies, procedures and position requirements.
- High level of self-motivation and self-direction
- Attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong collaborative and teamwork skills
- Expert organizational skills
- Ability to pick-up new skills and assimilate new information into practice quickly
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to analyze, understand and display data in a meaningful way, and to use it for improvement.
- Maintaining a broad knowledge of all applicable laws, legislation and regulatory standards, including but not limited to: EMTALA, HIPAA, CMS Conditions of Participation and The Joint Commission standards.
Discover soaring mountain peaks under extraordinary skies, rich history, and room to roam. With 275 days of sunshine and a temperate climate, the city is a year 'round destination for outdoor adventure, authentic history, and global cuisine. The city is located just over an hour from Tucson, AZ. Tucked into Arizona’s lower right corner, the County invites you to disconnect and recharge. The expanse of mountain and sky, from sunrise to sunset, makes flipping your phone from selfie to scenic simple. Discover a just-right climate, with short-sleeve temperatures, sunny days, and starry nights. Walk, hike, bike, or climb the landscape that bears the names of legends, like Chiricahua, Cochise, Geronimo, Slaughter, and the infamous Tombstone. You’ll find endless exploration and plenty of ways to get in your 10,000 steps. Settle into world-class birding hotspots that offer sightings of more than 400 bird species. The city is often referred to as the best seat in Mother Nature’s house. With a panoramic view of Arizona’s Sky Islands rising up to impossibly blue skies by day and star-splashed skies by night, the city is your ultimate vantage point for infinite exploration.
Shop galleries and farmers markets. Fill up on authentic international cuisine, fiery Mexican, and hearty cowboy fare served from food trucks, diners, and white tablecloth restaurants. Your inner foodie will thank you. Then sip award-winning wines or a cool microbrew. You’ll be amazed at the variety of attractions, activities, events, accommodations, and restaurants in town and the surrounding area. Looking to discover mountain peaks and cool canyons, military history and ghost towns, wildlife watching and award winning wines? This is the place for you!
Salary range is $85,384--$131,227.