Salary Range : 25.16-29.22 (5 years) -31.45 (10 years)- 37.73 (20 years)
Sign on Bonus: $15k
Nights with Rotating weekends
Our client is a growing 260-bed hospital that is proud of our history of serving the health care needs of the residents of McKinney and our surrounding communities for more than 90 years. Change and innovation have marked our commitment to our growing community's needs.
It is the responsibility of respiratory therapists to demonstrate proficiency in all modalities of Respiratory Care. The Respiratory Therapist will be responsible for execution of their assignment, which may include, but not limited to O2 therapy, UABD, IS, IPPB, CPT, ABG, bronchoscope assistance, ventilator care and airway management. All assessment/evaluation will be done in compliance with hospital and department policies. It is the responsibility of each employee to maximize the resources of the hospital. As a member of the respiratory team, the employee will make a significant contribution to the public’s perception of the hospital.
- One year of recent Acute care experience in Respiratory Care (RRT) is required
- Must be licensed by the Texas Department of Health as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP).
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) required.
- (BLS) required.
- (ACLS), (PALS) and (NRP) required within six months of hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have the ability to communicate and care for neonatal, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. Requires full understanding and ability to utilize the Respiratory Care process. Requires knowledge, ability and judgment necessary to :
- Exercise judgment within the guidelines of the medical plan of care, department policy and licensure practice acts.
- Must possess knowledge of respiratory therapeutics and the correlation of diagnostic assessment
- Apply scientific knowledge; use a variety of respiratory equipment; and perform multiple technical procedures
- Make discriminating observation
- Must be capable of performing CPR without limitation and respond to all emergent situations
- Must be able to perform job responsibilities independently.