We are seeking REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST candidates for multiple locations in Ohio, including Akron Ohio
Our client is offering a $5,000 sign-on
Please feel free to forward this email to a friend.
Our client Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S. and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family, and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
(3) 12 hour shifts a week. (Primarily night shift)
Rotating Holidays and Weekends
The Registered Respiratory Therapist I assess, plans, implements, evaluates, and directs care for premature, pediatric, and adult patients.
- Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and directs care for premature, pediatric, and adult patients.
- Assesses the status and immediate airway needs of the critically ill neonate, pediatric, or adult patient in the transport, intensive care, and general care environment.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
- Participate in the education of ACH staff, patients, and parents.5. Staff may be temporarily assigned to an area throughout the Akron Children’s Hospital enterprise, based on patient needs requiring similar knowledge and skill.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in respiratory care is required.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
- Education: Graduate from an accredited School of Respiratory Care.
- Certification: Registered Respiratory Therapist credential/Current OH Respiratory Care Professional license is required; Current Health Care Provider BLS training is required; NRP, PALS, ACLS, and STABLE certification is required within 1 year of hire and must be maintained throughout employment
- Years of relevant experience: 2 years is preferred; however, new graduates are considered.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
Benefits for Akron Children’s team members go far beyond their salaries. Our comprehensive benefits program offers coverage, connections and resources that enable you to live your best life while growing your career.
From work/life balance and days off to professional recognition, career development programs and offerings that provide stability for yourself and your loved ones, Akron Children's sees our team members as individuals who live full and diverse lives.