Pharmacy Clinical Manager
SHIFT: No Weekends
Our client is a 264 bed acute care hospital with a Level II Trauma Center. The hospital provides a host of technologically-advanced services including Cardiovascular, Neuro, Orthopedic, Bariatric and General Surgery, Interventional Pulmonology and services for Women. Regional holds Joint Commission advanced certification as a Comprehensive Stroke Center and a Get with the Guidelines- Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. It is a certified Chest Pain Center, county-designated STEMI (heart attack) Receiving Center, designated Lung Cancer Screening Center, a member of Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ECMO) and is certified by The Joint Commission in Sepsis care.
This position reports to: Director of Pharmacy
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Organization – proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
- Communication – communicates clearly and concisely
- Judgment – Makes decisions based upon job knowledge and experience. Considers all impacted areas in decision process. Seeks advice where applicable. Judgment sensible and reliable.
- Customer Orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting or exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal Skills – able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- PC Skills – demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office, Meditech, and purchasing vendor applications and others as required
- Policies and Procedures – articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Basic Skills – able to perform mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
B.S. or Pharm D. from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy, a Doctor of Pharmacy from an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy is preferred
- Minimum of 1 year as a Pharmacy Clinical/Operations Specialist or one of the following:
- At least 5 years of hospital pharmacy experience required; preferably within area of focus
- Completion of hospital PGY2/ pharmacy specialty residency or fellowship
- Specialty BCPS certification
- Other certification (e.g. FCCP, FASHP)
Hospital Pharmacy Management experience is preferred
- ACLS certification is preferred
- Active Pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy
Active Pharmacy Consultant license, or equivalent as per State requirements for a Pharmacy Director/Pharmacist in Charge, if facility pharmacy does not have a Pharmacy Operations Manager position available.