Our client, a national medical group with locations across the country, is looking for an Pediatric Echo Tech to join their team in Fairfax, VA. Their clinical teams care for the unique population of high-risk pregnancies and critically ill infants and children in both hospital and ambulatory clinical settings. ***They do not offer relocation assistance***
- Prepares patients for pediatric cardiac ultrasound and fetal echocardiogram examination.
- Prepares patients for physicians.
- Explains procedures to the patient prior to the commencement of the testing and provides patient education related to medical ultrasound.
- Explains procedures to assure cooperation and optimum test results.
- Ensures the appropriate consent and/or declinations are obtained.
- Conducts ultrasonic diagnostic procedures and records anatomical, pathological and/or physiological data for interpretation by a physician according to echo lab protocol.
- Assists physician during invasive procedures requiring ultrasound guidance. – not applicable to outpatient setting
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Independently reviews patient history and accurately records test results.
- Assists in the teaching of new sonographers and student observers.
- Maintains patient charts and records, and records and processes sonographic data and other pertinent observations made during the procedure for presentation to the interpreting physician within PACS system.
- Code appropriately for services performed; submit completed billing work sheets daily. – not applicable
- Notify Patient Service Associate of additional services performed which require authorization.
- Maintains proper operation of the ultrasound equipment. Recognizes equipment malfunctions and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory of ultrasound supplies.
- Maintain archives/records scans.
- Maintains effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
- Acts in a non-directive, non-judgmental manner, recognizing an individual’s religious, ethical, and moral opinions/beliefs.
- Recognizes ethical, legal and professional issues inherent in providing care to pregnant women.
- Comply with safety and security training and OSHA standards/regulations.
- Complete all required Compliance Training.
- Participates in staff development, in-service workshops and educational activities.
- Participates in professional development activities and meetings
- Maintains professional affiliations.
- If not proficient in fetal echocardiography, will train and become proficient in fetal echocardiography.
- Travel to outside clinic locations.
- An individual must possess a current/valid certification in diagnostic ultrasound.
- Satisfactory completion of one of the following; at least two (2) years in Allied Health Educational Program and one (1) year on-the-job training in ultrasonography, or completion of an approved ultrasonography educational program.
- Maintain or be eligible for certification by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or by the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI). Must obtain pediatric registry within a year of employment.
- Must provide evidence of continuing education credits to fulfill accreditation requirements.
- Two years of clinical experience
- Experience in pediatric and/or fetal echocardiography highly preferred
- RDCS – PE and/or FE (ARDMS) certification
- RCCS – Congenital cardiac (CCI) certification
Shift: M-F; 8:30a – 17:00p
No weekends and major holidays
Salary range is $35-45/hr