Here’s an update on the Oncology jobs in Virginia.
Cancer Center with several offices in northern, VA. They are busy and do lots of clinical trials, research. Good place to work.
Clinical Trials Navigator (RN) – Vienna area
Salary starts at $90,000
- As the Clinical Trials Navigator, you are responsible for increasing subject accrual and Investigator engagement. You are the primary research resource for physicians, staff and Advance Practice Providers.
- Responsible for providing personalized, expert assistance and mentoring of physicians, nurse practitioners, and staff members.
- Advocate for researchers and study coordinators, cut through red tape, help resolve problems to ensure successful accrual to clinical trials.
- Must be willing to travel to offices in Northern Virginia.
- RN with at least 5 years of nursing experience in Oncology
- OCN preferred
- CCRC or CCRP preferred
- Ability to assess and identify provider needs for increased subject enrollment
- Proficient with metrics tracking and forecasting
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills
- Make routine visits to all locations weekly, providing personalized assistance to providers.
- Craft specific, dynamic subject recruitment plans, and identify gaps in processes or training.
- Encourage providers to discuss clinical trials throughout the overall patient care process.
- Facilitate assistance with subject recruitment and give providers support in navigating the research portfolio
- Work with providers to identify patients who are progressing on treatment.
- Maintain monthly collection of screening, enrollment and referral metrics across all locations.
- Identify, develop, and maintain relationships with physicians and key personnel at each location to facilitate enrollment goals
RN Clinical Research Coordinator – Oncology – Haymarket, VA
- Must be an RN
- BSN or Bachelors preferred
- 5 years of nursing experience preferably in oncology
- Research experience in oncology or other specialty
- Phase 1 experience would be preferred
- Team Player with good communication skills
- Experience enlisting, maintaining, and assuring protocol compliance for all patients on clinical trials preferred
- VA license (compact state)
- OCN, SoCRA or ACRP certification preferred
Staff RN Oncology – Starts at $70,000
- Annandale – Radiation Nurse – 2-3 years RN experience; 1+ years of oncology RN exp. does not require radiation exp.
- Haymarket – Infusion RN - 2-3 years RN experience; 1+ years of oncology RN exp. Infusion exp. a plus