We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with an oncology focus to join the regional Vidant Cancer Care Hematology Oncology team and accredited COC center. Hematology Oncology experience is preferred.
Job Highlights include:
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group
- Hospital privileges at Vidant Roanoke Chowan in Ahoskie, NC
- Monday – Friday in outpatient setting
- Outpatient clinical responsibilities focused on the following – Assessing and treating follow-up Hematology and Oncology patients; Completing Survivorship Care Plans; Providing symptom management services to patients diagnosed with Hematology and Oncology disorders; Supervise chemotherapy under direction of managing physician
- Vidant Roanoke Chowan Cancer Center include a infusion suite with 6 chairs looking out to a healing garden, a team of experience nurses and navigators, radiation oncology services with a linear accelerator.
- Serve as an active member of the Cancer of Committee to provide better patient outcomes
- Affiliation with established academic tertiary program in Greenville NC with Vidant Cancer Care and other regional oncologists. Access to medical school based faculty and specialists including radiation
- Role includes orientation and training in Greenville the Vidant Cancer Care Team
- Built in referral network
- Flexibility of living on the Chowan River, Albemarle sound or Tidewater, VA area as well as lose proximity to NCand VA beaches
- Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefitsto include: Administrative Stipend, Relocation, Paid Vacation, Sick, & Holidays, Malpractice/Tail Coverage, 401k matching/457, Medical, Dental, & Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
Our client hospital is a 114-bed community hospital located in Ahoskie. Serving four nearby counties, the hospital’s 15-bed emergency department serves approximately 21,000 patients per year. This modern facility provides a wide range of health services, including medical, surgical and radiation oncology. In addition, Vidant Roanoke-Chowan’s Wound Healing and Pain Management centers serve as referral centers for neighboring Vidant hospitals and providers.
Vidant Medical Group is a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health. Currently Vidant Medical Group employs over 550 providers including primary care and specialists. The group offers the infrastructure needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
Ahoskie affords residents the comforts of small town living within close proximity to the beautiful waterways of North Carolina and Virginia. Friendly neighborhoods conveniently located near the hospital, vast country acreage, and waterfront home sites are just a few of the things that make Ahoskie unique.
- A desirable climate with mild winters and four distinct seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
- Outstanding recreation including golf courses, community theater, water sports, hunting, camping, fishing, community, and state parks
- Close proximity to North Carolina and Virginia beaches
- Affordable cost of living
- General aviation airport nearby; one hour to major airports in Norfolk and Greenville
- Vidant Wellness Center – Ahoskie, a 21,000-foot facility which includes a lap pool, an exercise studio and the latest in cardiovascular and strength training equipment
- Recreation Center which includes little league baseball, lighted athletic fields and picnic area