We are seeking candidates for a Nurse Manager of L&D candidates for a 397 licensed Beds Woman’s hospital located in Houston TX.
Salary Range: $91,203 - $130K
Nurse Manager - Labor and Delivery (RN) (L&D) Houston, TX
Days: 10 hour shifts/ Weekdays only
Nights: 10 hour shifts/ Weekdays only
This Woman's Hospital of Texas opened in 1976 and ever since has remained the state's premier facility dedicated solely to the health of women and newborn infants. Located near the Texas Medical Center, Woman’s offers 397 licensed beds, including a NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) and a full range of women’s health services and newborn infants. More than 650 board-certified physicians at Woman's offer their expertise and an outstanding level of quality care in the areas of gynecology, obstetrical care, high-risk pregnancy and minimally invasive surgery.
- Develops and administers services as necessary to include nursing care.
- Promotes a multidisciplinary coordination of services, such as nursing, medical, respiratory care, laboratory pharmaceutical and public relations.
- Participates in budgetary formulation and control for areas of responsibility in collaboration with the Nurse Director.
- Administer and appraise Process Improvement within the services provided.
- Control processes related to Human Resources; inclusive of hiring, evaluating, terminating, counseling, coaching, and development of staff.
- Directs and approve the practice of professional nursing and support positions with the services provided to maintain quality patient care through implementation and evaluation of clinical practice standards.
- Develop, interpret, inspect and review policies and procedures within the services provided.
- Develop, institute, review and implement Disaster Preparedness policies and procedures for the organization.
- Responsible for twenty-four hour coverage and problem resolution to the services provided.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidates need to have 3-5 years of Charge or Supervisor experience as an L&D RN at an ACUTE CARE FACILITY ( Will be open to speaking with candidates that have this experience within the last 2-3 years) * CANDIDATES MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING AT A 250+ ACUTE CARE FACILITY REQUIRED!
- BSN required
- MSN, RNC preferred
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in Texas
- BCLS certified
- Medication Learning Module
- NRP certification within six (6) months of hire.
- AWHONN Fetal Monitoring Certification within six (6) months of hire.
- L&D unit has 45 beds