Nurse Director, Operating Room-Massachusetts
Department: Inpatient & Outpatient Operating Rooms
Salary Range: $115,000-$175,000
Sign on bonus and relocation assistance negotiable
500+ licensed beds, Academic Medical Center
Level I Trauma Center
In collaboration with members of the health care team ensures coordination of patient care through the development and use of patient care and practice standards. Ensures that desired patient outcomes are optimally achieved and that variances from established parameters are evaluated and addressed as necessary.
Responsible for the planning and implementation of the clinical based activities. Will identify opportunities for improvement, establish expectations, seek solutions, and establish monitoring and evaluating strategies. Performs the quality review process in compliance with performance improvement plan, regulations, and standards.
• Reports to: Sr. Director/Associate Chief Nursing Officer, Perioperative Services
• This person is strictly overseeing the OR, inpatient and outpatient.
• 8 outpatient OR's, and 17 inpatient OR's, 1 hybrid room included.
• Service Lines include cardiac, neuro, robotics, oral, GU, ortho, trauma, pedi, plastics, ENT, sports medicine, hernias, breast biopsies.
• 13-15K annual procedures on average.
• The Nurse Director will have 3 direct reports - Nurse Managers.
• 180 total FTES.
BSN required, master’s degree in relevant field preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Licensed to practice professional nursing as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts required.
Minimum 5 years nursing experience. Must have 1+ year(s) recent clinical experience in the assigned specialty. Previous Management experience required.