Position: Nurse Manager NICU – No weekends!
Position Type: Full-time, permanent position
Shift: M-F, no weekends!
Salary: Competitive, Based on experience
Benefits: Yes, full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, 401-K with Company Match, Employee Stock Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Spending Account, Wellness Programs, Adoption Assistance and much more!
Facility Type: 220-Bed comprehensive and specialized Children’s hospital. We have a core team of cardiovascular specialists — including some of the nation’s leading heart specialists — who treat congenital heart defects and heart disease in both pediatric and adult patients. We are a Gold Level Center of Excellence for cardiac and respiratory ECMO.
- 50 FTE's Approximately
- 84 Beds
- Nurse to patient Ratio- 1:1/1:2 depends on acuity
Reports To: Director
The Manager for the NICU accepts responsibility for all department functions in support of the mission, vision, values and facility goals. The manager is a RN and accepts responsibility for critical thinking decisions within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act.
- Accept responsibility for patient safety of the PICU clinical practice environment.
- Integrate the management of information and effective communication skills in daily practice.
- Serve as liaison to foster a partnership with the patient and significant others.
- Construct decisions to support the continuity of care and the coordination of care across the care settings.
- Recognize the role of the manager to maintain high quality age & developmental specific care for pediatric population
- Create PICU Department specific initiatives and process improvement.
- Integrate collaborative practice and working relationships with all members of the healthcare team.
- Accept responsibility for management of multiple levels of personnel (including supervisory positions), payroll, budget, capital, business plan, and physician relationships.
- Serve as liaison for hospital, community and other institutions.
- Organize / Supervise human and material resources
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) – REQUIRED
- MSN - PREFERRED
- Current Texas RN or Compact/Multi-State license
- BLS (AHA)
- NRP (AHA)
- 5 years nursing management experience to include management of personnel, payroll, budgets, capital, business planning, marketing and physician relations
- MUST HAVE previous management in critical care (NICU) – REQUIRED
- 3-4 years’ experience in a Level III or Level IV NICU, Required
- Some experience must be in a Level III or higher NICU.
- Acute care management experience must be recent
WHY WORK FOR US?
- 63rd on Fortune’s 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years
- Named by Ethisphere one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies
Together, we believe our success is dependent on an environment where caregivers, staff, administrators, physicians and volunteers are at the core of a patients-first culture.
- Security and stability from working with America’s leading healthcare provider!
- Unmatched potential for a variety, flexibility and career growth.
- The joy of teaming with people who share your passion for the care and improvement of human life.
Salary Range: $37.84 (5 years experience) $45.40 (5-10 years experience) $52.97 (10+ years experience)
There are 2 of them:
Shift: Full Time-Nights (Rotating Weekends)
Shift: Full Time-Mixed (Rotating Weekends)