Our client, a 100+ bed hospital located about 45 mins from Raleigh, NC, has a need for a MRI Tech to join their team. This is a Day shift position, work 8 hr shifts.
Performs magnetic resonance imaging procedures and produces images for interpretation by a radiologist. Procedures will be performed according to departmental protocols, policies and procedures and established standards of practice. Assesses and monitors patients, and provides appropriate patient care. Must demonstrate competency in MRI safety practices with special attention given to screening patients for contraindications prior to scanning.
- Maintains knowledge of the needs of patients according to their age group and demonstrates the ability to modify care according to the patient’s age. Must recognize and meet the special needs and concerns of both pediatric and geriatric patients.
- Verifies patient identification, confirms physician orders, obtains patient history / forms, assesses patient condition, explains procedures, provides patient education, and addresses patient concerns prior to performing exams.
- Assures proper completion of all exams requested including documentation, charging, and proper labeling of images.
- Performs MRI exams which requires independent judgment and utilization of proper positioning, protocol, and techniques to obtain a diagnostic quality images to meet radiologist specifications. Identifies normal anatomy and/or unusual findings.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the operation and proper handling of all diagnostic equipment. Maintains all equipment and accessories in efficient operating order; performs equipment QC. Ensures preventative maintenance is performed as required, contacts service for repairs when necessary.
- Maintains knowledge of contrast media and medications utilized within the department including contraindications and possible side effects. Demonstrates the ability to prepare and administer contrast according to departmental protocols. Recognizes significant adverse reactions and acts appropriately.
- Assists radiologists/physicians with procedures as required. Ensures that Standard Precautions and sterile techniques are utilized.
- Maintains communication and cooperation with radiologist and other ancillary departments regarding changes in protocol, scheduling of procedures, exams performed and patient flow.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate all computer systems utilized within the department.
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of work areas, ensures rooms are stocked, and prepares rooms prior to patient entrance.
- Performs clerical duties, provides clinical supervision for students and assists in patient transport as needed.
- Maintains a safe MRI environment for patient, self and others.
- Participates in departmental performance improvement activities. May be assigned specific quality assurance / quality control duties.
- Rotates within the department and assists where needed. Performs exams in multiple modalities within scope of practice, works various shifts and participates in call rotation as required for the proper functioning of the department.
Associate’s degree is preferred
Training commensurate with ARRT MRI and Advanced Modality Training in MRI - Required
ARRT Certification in Radiography is preferred
ARRT Certification in MRI is required
American Heart Association BLS is required
1 year of MRI experience is preferred
The city is nestled in the heart of central North Carolina and is located only 40 minutes southwest of Raleigh, the state capitol, and just 40 minutes from the gates of Fort Bragg Military base. With gorgeous beaches and majestic mountains less than three hours away, residents can easily slip away for a little R&R. But what people really love is right here in town: a vibrant arts scene and resort-quality recreation, not to mention great weather, year-round. The area is paced for pleasure, with so much to do. You can enjoy golfing, kayaking, biking, picnicking, camping, boating and swimming as well. Visit Historic Downtown featuring historic buildings, one-of-a-kind shopping and dining experiences.
Salary range is $23.55—36.54/hr. No relo asst, some sign on bonus.