We are seeking candidates for a Medical Technologist (Night and Evening) opportunity for DaVita Laboratory located in northeast Florida.
Retention bonus is up to 5K Payable in 3 installments 6,12,18.
$22.00 – $31.00 / hr
Plus, shift differentials:
M-F Night (6p-6a): +6/hour
Sa, Su Day (6a-6p): +4/hour
Sa,Su Night (6p-6a): +8/hour
The Technologist II, Medical position performs waived, moderately and highly complex laboratory procedures following established laboratory policy and procedures; reports test results, monitors workflow, and manages instrumentation maintenance. Evaluates and ensures compliance with service guarantees and specimen quality requirements. This position reports to the Department Manager or Laboratory Supervisor, or a technologist with 6 years plus experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs and is responsible for Medical Technologist I duties.
- Supports the supervisor or manager with the following:
- Assists in evaluation of new and existing test methodologies, new and current equipment, current test mix, and policy and procedure development/implementation
- Assists in the development and compliance of all departmental policies and procedures for performance, quality control, and preventive maintenance
- Assists in evaluating regulatory and certification requirements, ensuring that the section is inspection ready
- Utilizes theoretical and working knowledge of all general and automated testing instruments in the department
- Performs and documents all quality control, maintenance, and troubleshooting procedures
- Assists department Manager with training and annual competency assessments for all teammates
- Assists the manager or supervisor with oversight of day to day teammate work:
- bachelor’s degree in medical technology, biological sciences or related science field is required.
- Minimum three (3) years clinical laboratory experience is required. 6 years plus experience is preferred.
- Certified by a professional laboratory certifying agency (i.e. ASCP, AMT) is required
- Current Florida license as a Technologist in Hematology, Chemistry, Serology, Microbiology or related field is required
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel and outlook, basic proficiency in MS Word required
About DaVita Laboratories
DaVita Labs is a state-of-the-art clinical laboratory delivering timely, accurate lab results focused primarily on kidney care with a relentless commitment to quality. We serve more than 180,000 patients and perform 52 million renal tests annually. We make a difference. We enjoy what we do. Our teammates are best in class professionals who enjoy a challenging yet rewarding work environment where fun and hard work intermingle every day. From our laboratory professionals to our support roles, DaVita labs not only offers a career to fit each individual, it provides a community and a place to call home. As a labs teammate, you become a member of our community and you also become a citizen of something bigger, something great, and something unique - the DaVita Village. With the backing of the overall DaVita brand, we are on an exciting trajectory.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.