Our client, a 2 midsized hospitals located NW AL, near Lexington, AL along the TN border, has a need for a Market Hospital HR Director to join their team. Candidates MUST have ACUTE CARE HOSPITAL experience to be considered.
The Human Resource Director (HRD) is a strategic partner to the Facility CEO and other leadership team members, responsible for defining, developing, and implementing human resources initiatives. The HRD is responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for all areas of Human Resources, including: employee relations, talent acquisition and assessment, compensation management, performance management, training and leadership development, policy and procedures; and managing a team of HR professionals. The HRD reports directly to the hospital CEO, while receiving input and guidance from the HSC VP of Talent Relations and the Regional HRD.
- Responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for all areas of Human Resources within the assigned facility.
- Lead the activities of Human Resources staff members in the hospital including defining expectations, training and managing performance.
- Responsible for developing and implementing effective, strategic recruitment, retention and succession planning programs, adhering to metrics and an analysis driven strategy.
- Serves as a liaison with the hospital leadership team, communicating and leading HR strategic initiatives, analysis and recommendations.
- Develop an expectation of consistent administration and application of HR policies, ensuring compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Drive the internal changes that will support the creation of the desired culture.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master’s Preferred.
- Five years of progressive HR experience in the healthcare industry.
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state employment law, CMS, OSHA and TJC regulatory compliance.
- Supervisory experience overseeing various HR support roles
- Organization development experience or studies highly desirable.
- SHRM-SCP or CHHR
The County residents are enthusiastic about the quality of life available in their community. Located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the County is the third largest county in western North Carolina and home to 14 peaks with elevations of at least 6,000 feet (more than any other area east of the Mississippi). The county experiences very mild summers and, thanks to the southern latitude, mild winters. Just 25 miles from Asheville, the area is one of the Southeast’s top cultural destinations. Nearby Waynesville is a vibrant, friendly, small town with magnificent mountain views, fine shops, galleries, restaurants, historic buildings and microbrew pubs. The town has garnered several honors, including being voted as a “Low-Cost Eden,” “Best Undiscovered Town,” “Best Small Town,” and “Best Mountain Town” in a past edition of America’s 100 Best Places to Retire by Where to Retire magazine. Each year, millions of visitors are drawn to the area’s breathtaking mountain vistas and vast array of outdoor recreational opportunities, including world-class mountain and road biking, downhill skiing, backpacking, hiking, whitewater rafting, horseback riding, camping, fishing and hunting. Golfers can indulge at six well-groomed golf courses.
Salary range is $80—$130K (midpoint is $90K), plus eligible for up to a 10% bonus. Relocation assistance is provided.