Plans, coordinates and implements orientation, on-going education and training for all new employees, contract staff, college students, and support staff. Utilizes innovative approaches at creating a learning environment that promotes critical thinking, knowledge and change using evidence based practice. Oversees and evaluates all educational programming in the hospital and clinics. Serves as the lead coordinator for the Pathway to Excellence program.
• Develops, coordinates, implements, evaluates, and directs hospital and clinic employees, contract, student, and support staff in initial and on-going education and training as follows:
• Demonstrates the ability to develop instructional materials utilizing accepted staff development standards.
• Plans and coordinates conferences, in-services and seminars.Uses community resources for said conferences appropriately.
• Presents education seminars and materials in a professional manner with consideration to all learning styles.
• Performs educational needs assessment for hospital/clinic.
• Collaborates with all departments in assessing learning needs.
• Coordinates, supervises and directs educational programs provided by contract providers (example: Flex Ed, Cal Star, etc.) including advertisement of classes and instructions for participation to target staff.
• Manages and coordinates multiple projects professionally, effectively, and efficiently.
• Collaborates effectively with educational partnerships, student clinical rotations or internships and any other related organizations.
• Plans, coordinates and evaluates annual competency skills day for all staff.
• Assists in the development of competency and policy creation and evaluation both system wide and for department specific/job classification specific categories.
• Demonstrates knowledge in clinical skills and competencies that are being taught. Teaches and educates others considering all learning styles in education process.
• On-going training and education for appropriate documentation based on regulatory requirements
• Keeps all certification current.
• Plans for personal change and growth based on evaluation and feedback.
• Participates in setting measurable goals for performance.
• Manages department budget. Promotes positive image of Mee Memorial Hospital and Clinics through selected community lectures and publications.
• Supervises education coordinator and ensures payroll is accurate.
• Demonstrates innovative learning styles to better meet the learning needs of a diverse workforce.
• Collaborates with the Chief Nursing Officer in strategies to gain Pathway to Excellence certification.
• Authors regular educational and facility newsletters.
• Demonstrates proficiency with Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, and Power Point.
• Other duties as assigned.
• BSN - required
• MSN – highly preferred
• Minimum of two (2) years’ experience – required
• Experience in acute care facility - preferred
• Current California RN License - required
• Current AHA BLS – required
• Certification in Professional Development thru the American Nurses Credentialing Center ANCC
• Knowledge of Education and Staff Development regulations and/or special interests and understanding of the adult education process with emphasis on both staff and patient ongoing education.
• Experience with online education programs.
• Knowledge of Title 22 requirements
• Team building, conflict management, appreciative inquiry.
Pay is 56.95 --73.88