Directs, plans and coordinates the activities of personnel engaged in providing diagnostic radiology services as required in examination, care, and treatment of hospital patients and outpatients. Individualizes patient care based upon the age appropriate and developmental needs. Should be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her unit. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Directs operations concerning patient examinations, diagnostic testing and reporting of results.
• Testing is performed according to established department procedures
• Physician response to department procedures is consistently acceptable.
• Maintains satisfactory working relationship with physicians, as measured by absence of complaints.
• Maintains staff competence level.
• Competency requirements are accurately described and criteria standards established for all staff job descriptions.
• Staff attends outside continuing education courses as approved by Department Manager
• Documentation of attendance at inservice activities is maintained
• Reports problems and activities to appropriate hospital review group.
• Monitors the technical aspects of radiology safety in the Hospital
• Provides audit of maintenance and evaluates necessity for repairs or replacement.
Satisfactory completion of an AMA approved program in Radiologic Technology and/or CT certification.
Minimum of (2) two years staff radiologic technologist experience in an accredited acute care hospital - required
Experience in Nuclear medicine/ultrasound technology - preferred
Prior management or supervisory experience - preferred
Current State of California Diagnostic Radiologic Technology license – required
Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification - required
Current ARRT certification and registration – preferred
Must be able to stand/walk between 4 to 6 hours per day.
Must be able to bend, reach overhead, crouch, balance and push up to 2 hours per day.
Must be able to push/pull/lift up to 35 pounds.
Ability to supervise and work cooperatively with others.
Must be able to delegate duties and maintain efficient standards of operation