Shift: Full Time-No Weekends
This 493-bed acute care HCA facility has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,000 physicians on staff, representing over 70 specialties and sub-specialties. Medical City Plano stands as the community’s first comprehensive medical center and is part of HCA’s Medical City Healthcare system. Many of these positions and facilities are staffed by HealthTrust Workforce Solutions, an affiliate of HCA.
This hospital houses the first Level 1 and 2 Trauma Centers in Collin County, as well as Collin County’s first Burn Center. The hospital’s ER is also equipped with Comprehensive Cardiac and Vascular services.
The Nurse Manager has 24/7 accountability and responsibility for a defined patient care area to provide a climate optimal for the provision of individualized goal directed nursing care that supports the mission, vision and values of Medical City Plano and the philosophy of the Department of Nursing.
The nurse manager is expected to provide an environment where nurses practice autonomously utilizing evidence based practices. The Nurse Manager is responsible for planning and providing individual goal directed nursing care that promotes, advocates for and supports the nursing staff’s primary commitment to protect the health, safety, and rights of the individual, family or community.
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
- Interviewing and hiring nursing staff.
- Scheduling nursing staff.
- Clinical resource for the Nursing Unit.
- Serves as an advocate for nursing staff.
- Evaluating staff performance.
- Discipline, counseling and staff development.
- Participates in financial management of the assigned unit.
- Participates in financial planning/budgeting for the assigned unit.
- Plans and conducts staff meetings.
- Plans and coordinates unit related in-services.
- BSN required; MSN or Master’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted, National Specialty Certification or plan to achieve within 1 year of hire.
- BLS/ACLS as required by individual departments (see Unit Spec Competency)
- Minimum 2 years of CURRENT ACUTE CARE ICU Experience Required in a nursing management position
Special Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to listen, interact and communicate verbally and in writing.
- MUST HAVE ACUTE CARE EXPERIENCE IN NEURO ICU SPECIALTY.
- WILL NOT TAKE ICU MANAGER (Must have NEURO ICU background)
- 34 bed unit
Salary Range: $40.79- $50.99 (Based on 10 Years of Experience) - $61.19 (Based on 20+ years of Experience)
Sign on Bonus: Up To $10K ( usually offers are half those amounts)
Relocation Assistance: Up To $12K ( usually offers are half those amounts)