Maryland – 2 openings - Abingdon (30 mins north of Baltimore) and Gaithersburg (45 mins south of Baltimore) and there might be one in DC but not sure yet.
• Supervise about 25 staff members
• As the Laboratory Operations Manager you will plan, manage, organize and coordinate Laboratory services.
• You should be an clinical expert and the technical resource
• Responsible for the design and oversight of highly reliable laboratory operations including accountabilities for quality of care, member experience, affordability, standard work and employee experience and competence.
• Focus on managing staff, attendance, yearly reviews, hiring/training, keep staff engaged
• Troubleshoot with providers and vendors
• Ensure QC is done, accreditation, compliance, working with senior leaders, creating new work flows, researching new equipment
Requirements: (all of these are required and there’s no wiggle room)
• Bachelor’s Degree, Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, Chemical, Physical or Biological science
• Must have at least 4 years of MT experience in high complexity testing
• Requires 3+ years of leadership experience in a clinical laboratory setting. Would consider supervisor at large high complexity lab
• ASCP or AMT certification as MT or MLS
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $104,000.00 per year