We are seeking candidates for a Lab Manager opportunity for a critical access hospital (37 beds, 20 of them are skilled nursing) located in Arrowhead CA.
This is a Mountains Community Hospital, in beautiful Lake Arrowhead, CA. This is a small mountain community in San Bernardino County, California. It is about a 2-hour drive from Los Angeles or Orange County. It is right next to Big Bear, the Southern California Ski Resort Town, as well as Snow Valley Ski Resort. It is a laid-back outdoorsy place, lots of hiking, mountain biking, lake life (ski boats, etc.) and of course skiing/snowboarding in the winter.
The Lab Manager is retired.
Obviously, it's small, I believe 15 total employees, and this includes full-time and part-time. We would like to see all candidates with a California CLS and acute care hospital experience.
The current employee in the role is willing to train the new person. So, if you are a Supervisor in a Lab, they are willing to consider you
Also - This Manager would be considered a Director - as it reports to the CEO. There is no director given the size of the hospital.
It is a hands-on Manager role.
Salary is nice - $108-172K, depending on experience.
Relocation: Possible. Amount is case by case (how far away, etc.)
Reports to: CEO
The Laboratory/Cardiopulmonary Manager with provide leadership and management for the Laboratory and Cardiopulmonary Departments providing inpatient and outpatient services and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
- Manages clinical staff of the Laboratory and Cardiopulmonary departments, including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning and assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
o Oversee daily laboratory operations
- Knowledge of medical laboratory principles, standards, applications and tests
- Knowledge of how to use and maintain laboratory equipment appropriately
- Knowledge of safety and infection control policies and regulations
o Guides, directs, coaches and manages staff regarding patient care, work performance,
Problem-solving and decision-making ability and ensures that quality improvement standards are met by all staff members.
o Delegated tasks and assigned reports are completed accurately and implemented within designated time frames as agreed upon with assigned Administrator.
o Personally, emphasizes and demonstrates goal commitment and persistence in achieving goals via the Hospital’s mission, vision, values and strategic plan:
o Leads others by example in a calm, organized and positive manner
- Has working knowledge of both State and Federal regulations.
o Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and standards for safety, human resources, accreditation, permitting, licensure, and certification
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with hospital policies and applicable laws.
- Budget/Financial Management
o Prepares annual budget and capital within established timelines
o Allocates resources such as time, money, and people in accordance with department/hospital policies
o Actively involved with cost containment through initiating and monitoring of equipment, supplies and expenses
o Manages staff within operating budget standards
o Monitors and ensures that charges for services are appropriately applied
Bachelor’s degree in biology, molecular biology, or a related field
5 or more years of technical experience in a Clinical Laboratory, Preferred.
Experience in a Supervisory/Managerial position, Preferred
Active Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) in the state of California
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Leadership skills