Our client, an 85+ bed hospital located in TN, located about an hour and a half from Nashville and about an hour from Huntsville, AL, has a need for a Lab Director to join their team. They will consider someone who is a Lab Manager or Lab Supervisor who is looking for that next step in their career. However, candidates absolutely MUST have a TN Lab Supervisor license already in hand to be considered. They are willing to train someone to be a Director.
Job Summary: Directs the department's activities and resources to achieve departmental and organizational objectives.
- Number of beds: 85+
- Education requirements: Current Medical Laboratory Technician (MT) or Medical Technologist (MT)
- Current and active medical Laboratory Supervisor license in state of Tennessee is required. – on average it takes a minimum of 6 months to obtain this supervisor licensure so, we are not interested in candidates who do not have it unless, they submitted their application to the board months ago.
- Experience requirements: 1 year minimum experience as a Lab Director preferred.
- Number of FTEs in dept: 13 (includes 12 FT employees, 4 PRN and 1 PT)
- List additional departments the position is responsible for: no other departments
- Number of managers reporting to the director: 0
- Title the director reports to: Chief Nursing Officer
- What issues in the dept needs addressing by the Director: Decreasing the timing for total completion of patient specimens.
- Is this director position considered a working manager: yes, this manager will be required to step in and work necessary shifts from time to time in order to cover staffing.
We are looking for:
- a strong candidate who is knowledgeable in TJC, CMS and CLIA standards.
- Someone who can come in and be the CEO of their department.
- Someone who is capable of successfully running the department with minimal support.
- Someone who is willing to be a team player and foster an environment of professional growth
Situated among the rolling, green hills of southern Middle Tennessee, this hospital is an 85+ bed, acute care facility located in Tennessee, 85 miles south of Nashville. The city’s population is approximately 14,000 so, our community has the small town feel but, with all the extra accommodations. Here at the hospital, everyone will know you by name. Our atmosphere is warm and friendly, which makes coworkers feel more like family. We are dedicated to providing our friends and neighbors with the healthcare they need close to home. What makes us special is our staff. Our healthcare professionals are well-trained, dedicated, and above all else, caring. The hospital is fully accredited by the Joint Commission and the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
This County is home to a robust educational scene, including eight elementary schools, one middle school, three high schools, private education opportunities and 2 college campuses. The county is also home to a thriving Amish community, and is recognized as the Birthplace of Southern Gospel Music. Festivals and celebrations abound throughout the year, including the Summertown Bluegrass Festivals and David Crockett Days. Nashville’s entertainment and cultural activities lie just 80 miles north.
Nearby David Crockett State Park features campgrounds, LEED-certified vacation cabins, an Olympic-size swimming pool and modern bathhouse, a children’s wading pool, a paved bicycle trail, hiking, volleyball, tennis and a restaurant. Laurel Hill Lake, just off the scenic Natchez Trace Parkway, offers 325 acres of fishing, row boating and pedal boating. Shoals Creek promises canoe rides. And golfers can tee off at one of three unique courses in the county.
Huntsville, AL (65)
Nashville, TN (80)
Chattanooga, TN (140)
Memphis, TN (170)
Salary range: $70,000- $115,000 plus up to a 10% bonus potential