Our client, a midsized hospital located about 30 mins north of Nashville, TN, has a need for an experienced Lab Director to join their team.
Directs the Laboratory Services department's activities and resources to achieve departmental and organizational objectives.
Reports to: Assistant Administrator
- Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal, and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including patient care delivery, information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding. Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
- Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
- Integrates evidence-based practices into operations and clinical protocols.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology.
- State of Tennessee Laboratory Supervisor licensure
- 6 years experience in Clinical Laboratory as Medical Technologist with at least 3 years clinical laboratory management experience
- CAP and TJC experience preferred
- ASCP certification
An energetic small city set in the idyllic countryside only 30 miles north of Nashville, this city offers the rich variety of recreational, educational, and economic activities you’d expect to find in a bigger city. Recognized as one of the top “power suburbs” in the United States, the city boasts high-paying jobs and low taxes. Economic health, a thriving arts scene, and a vibrant retail environment make this city a hub for family life.
Salary range is $95—115K. No relo, sign on bonus available.