Our client, a 100+ bed hospital, located in Western ID, along the Snake River and right on the border of WA, has a need for a Director of Pharmacy for an interim /contract role.
Please forward a resume and include your all-inclusive weekly rate requirement. (rate covers lodging, utilities, rental car, food, airfare home, etc.)
Sign-on Bonus & Relocation Assistance Available
- Coordinate services of Pharmacy through open and active communication with the medical staff, nursing staff and other hospital staff via individual contact as well as active participation on the following committees: Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Antimicrobial Stewardship, Opiate Stewardship, and Medication Safety. You will fulfill these responsibilities through personal actions, proper delegation to competent individuals on staff, and collaborative efforts with other healthcare professionals.
- Review, revise, monitor and institute policies and procedures as needed to maintain and improve the delivery of pharmaceutical care.
- Prepare annual budget, project budget increases secondary to new therapeutic agents, and monitor the department’s operations so that the department may stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Administer personnel functions within the department such as performance evaluations/salary actions, counseling/disciplinary action as required, staffing schedules, and staff development.
- Assure that proper records and documentation are maintained as required by law and hospital policy, as represented by the following: Narcotic control, tax-free alcohol documents, purchasing and receiving documents, quality assurance documents,
- Assist with the distributive and clinical functions within the department
- Responsible to coordinate and adhere to inventory management and supply chain initiatives in collaboration with Material Management.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited College of Pharmacy
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Idaho
- Current BLS
- Prefer a minimum of five (5) years of hospital pharmacy experience, three (3) years minimum of which are supervisory or management experience.
Normal hours are 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday-Friday. However, schedules may vary in accordance with business necessity.
Normal office working conditions.
Designation: Level 3 Trauma – Level 2 Nursery – Level 2 Stroke Center
Number of Licensed Beds: 143
Age Ranges: Pediatric to Adult
- # of direct reports - 19
- Direct reports titles - Pharmacist, Oncology Pharmacy Manager, Pharmacy Technicians
Shift / Weekend Rotation: M-F, exempt position, weekends off
Department Volumes: 60-80k doses/month
Department Goals & Objectives:
- Short Term Vision: continue to improve on communication to provide a transparent working environment where people feel appreciated and empowered to do the best work possible
Long Term Vision: direct a pharmacy comprised of high-performing individuals who are empowered to provide the best pharmaceutical care possible for the patient’s our hospital serves.
Current System(s): Medi-tech, Microsoft Office Suite, Mosaic, ePARS, PMP, PolicySTAT, Omnicell
Opportunities the New Hire Will Get to Work on, i.e., build, expansion, projects, etc.:
- Build Med Rec Tech Position,
- Delegate and work closely with a cross-trained and motivated staff who want a team environment
- Complete build of outpatient Pharmacy Diabetes Program already in the works
- Rebuild a Pharmacy Module within an EHR
- Develop quality policy and procedures
- Implement best practice standards across several operational areas within the pharmacy
- Change remote pharmacy service provider and implement plan of succession from Medi-star to Pipeline
- Eligible for Director Bonus Program
- Sign-on Bonus $20,000
- Relocation is negotiable based on location
With warm weather and mild winters, this area has more sunny days than almost any other place in the Northwest! Recreational opportunities abound, from premiere waterskiing, jet boating, sailing, whitewater rafting, hunting, fishing, swimming, golfing, hiking, and camping to shopping, family fun, and fantastic events. Miles of paved levee pathways follows the rivers for walking, jogging, and biking. You can find some of the greatest fishing for salmon, steelhead, small mouth bass, trout, and sturgeon. Snow skiing and snowmobiling are only a short drive away. Shopping in downtown provides many opportunities for antiques, art galleries, gift stores, viewing historic buildings and stopping along the way to dine at local eateries or to grab an espresso at the local coffee house. The mall houses a complementary mix of retail specialty stores, restaurants and service centers in a climate-controlled facility or head over to the Plaza for local retail chains such as Pier One Imports, TJ Maxx and Eddie Bauer.
Spokane, WA (104)
Coeur d’Alene, ID (116)
Missoula, MT (217)
Boise, ID (267)