Our client, a large health system with locations throughout the US, is in need of Interim CNOs to join their team. Your job will consist of going anywhere in the US that they have a need for an Interim CNO while they search for a permanent CNO. They will move you around as needed to different hospitals of theirs. They need people that are location flexible, as their needs are all over the place and they don’t usually know where they will be. They could use you on multiple assignments.
Candidates MUST have ACNO or CNO experience to be considered.
- Has ultimate administrative responsibility for nursing standards and practice regardless of the practice area or reporting relationship of the nurse. Directs hospital nursing activities within context of hospital policies and procedures:
- Ensures continuous and timely nursing services to patients.
- Ensures nursing standards, practices, policies and procedures, in accordance with all applicable laws, regulatory and accreditation requirements ate consistent with current research findings and national professional standards.
- Directs nursing service Performance Improvement activities.
- Actively participates in hospital leadership functions.
- Collaborates with hospital leaders to design and provide patient care and services, including availability of sufficient, qualified nursing staff.
- Develops, presents and manages budget for nursing services.
- Develops and implements overall nursing plan consistent with hospital policies and objectives, to provide continuous nursing care and services.
- Develops, implements and interprets nursing and patient care policies, objectives and standards for measurement and maintenance of quality nursing care.
- Develops, implements and administers nursing services budget and expense control system.
- Prepares master nursing services staffing plan.
- Organizes, directs and supervises daily nursing service to assure adequate hospital coverage and quality care.
- Recruits, interviews, evaluates and hires qualified personnel to meet patient’s needs.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of the hospital quality assurance and improvement program through evaluation of services rendered, quality improvement, audit of medical records, patient visits and counsel with hospital staff.
- Maintains communications with medical and administrative staff through participation in regularly scheduled staff meeting and involvement on hospital medical services committees.
- Evaluates long and short-range equipment and supply requirements for nursing care by forecasting service levels and quantity of materials on hand.
- Directs, plans and implements orientation and educational programs to promote staff training and development.
- Recommends and participates in development of new patient care programs for expansion of nursing care services.
- Represents hospital in health care programs and professional organizations of associates to serve in a public relations capacity and to stimulate professional growth.
Education: Master’s Degree Required (MSN or MHA).
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of CNO or ACNO experience required, preferably in an investor-owned healthcare organization. Prior experience in Joint Commission preparation and survey process.
$900/day. Buyout option at 6 mths with no additional fee. If you do not receive an offer for perm, and you do another assignment fee starts all over