Our client, a midsized hospital located near Asheville, NC, has a need for a Director of Women’s Services to join their team. As Director, you will oversee 10 FTEs and 10 PRN staff. There are 12 Beds OB/GYN, 6 LDRP's, Couplet Care in the unit.
- Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical,
- administrative, legal, and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including patient care delivery, information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding. Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
- Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
- Integrates evidence-based practices into operations and clinical protocols.
- Bachelor's Degree (BSN) required. Master’s Preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in hospital nursing required.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP, TNCC, ENPC, Fetal Monitoring
- Registered Nurse Current licensure as Registered Nurse in North Carolina or Compact State.
The County residents are enthusiastic about the quality of life available in their community. Located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the County is the third largest county in western North Carolina and home to 14 peaks with elevations of at least 6,000 feet (more than any other area east of the Mississippi). The county experiences very mild summers and, thanks to the southern latitude, mild winters. Just 25 miles from Asheville, the area is one of the Southeast’s top cultural destinations. Nearby Waynesville is a vibrant, friendly, small town with magnificent mountain views, fine shops, galleries, restaurants, historic buildings and microbrew pubs. The town has garnered several honors, including being voted as a “Low-Cost Eden,” “Best Undiscovered Town,” “Best Small Town,” and “Best Mountain Town” in a past edition of America’s 100 Best Places to Retire by Where to Retire magazine.
Each year, millions of visitors are drawn to the area’s breathtaking mountain vistas and vast array of outdoor recreational opportunities, including world-class mountain and road biking, downhill skiing, backpacking, hiking, whitewater rafting, horseback riding, camping, fishing and hunting. Golfers can indulge at six well-groomed golf courses.
Salary range is $95,000-112,000 plus up to a 10% bonus potential.