Our client, a small hospital located in Northeast Utah near the CO border, has a need for a Director of Women’s and Children’s Services to join their team. They are offering a $5,000 sign on bonus but they are not offering relocation assistance.
They have 5 LDRP beds, plus 5 additional beds, 3 NICU beds, plus 13 nursery beds. The department has 20 FTEs, with 29 employees.
This position is responsible and accountable for effective operation of the Obstetrics, Women and Newborn Services including high quality, cost effective delivery of patient care, managing nursing personnel, and developing and implementing approved department projects and goals.
- Provides education, direction and mentorship of the nursing team’s function, purpose, and goals.
- Communicates, collaborates, and coordinates with team members to provide quality patient care and to ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Provides education in the areas of nursing competency, continuous process improvement, infection control, employee health, safety, case management, and program evaluation.
- Responsible for accreditation standards to ensure all team members adhere to all standards set forth by the State and accrediting agencies of Joint Commission and CMS.
- Ensures nursing team participation and accountability in process improvement.
- Ensures Infection Control standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensures licensure and competencies are current for all supervised staff.
- Attends all meetings and huddles.
- Manages staffing needs by evaluating census, acuity, skill level, and staff availability.
- Participates in and drives clinical components of utilization review.
- Addresses staff, physician, patient, and family concerns immediately. Initiates immediate steps to correct problems when appropriate.
- Must be a licensed RN in the State of Utah
- At least 2 years of nursing management experience required
- Current BLS certification required
- BSN preferred
This city is centrally located between Salt Lake City, UT and Denver, CO. It is an outdoor paradise. From Flaming Gorge Reservoir to the primitive areas of the Uinta Mountains, outdoor recreation is at your doorstep. Fishing, hunting, biking, camping, golfing, water sports, cross country skiing, white water rafting are just a few of the activities that this diverse landscape has to offer. All of this centrally located between Salt Lake and Denver.
- Salt Lake City, UT (180)
- Aspen, CO (210)
- Denver, CO (330)
- Cheyenne, WY (370)
Salary range is $72,800—104,000. Eligible for up to a 10% bonus. They are offering a $5000 sing on bonus but no relocation. Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks so much.