My client, a midsized hospital located in Southern VA near the NC border, has a need for a Director of Women’s and Children’s Services. The hospital is looking for someone to direct department activities and resources to achieve departmental and organizational objectives.
- Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal, and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including patient care delivery, information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Maintains credentialing/certification/licensure and education/competency files of staff and is accountable for staff compliance. Interprets policies and procedures; identify non-compliance and takes appropriate actions.
- Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding. Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
- Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
- Integrates evidence-based practices into operations and clinical protocols.
- Graduate from a program in nursing and a bachelor’s degree required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) American Heart Association (AHA), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) American Heart Association (AHA), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) American Heart Association (AHA) and Neonatal Resuscitation required.
- Current RN license in the Commonwealth of Virginia or compact State required .
- Three (3) years’ of experience as a Manager/Director Minimum of five (5) years of experience in an acute hospital setting required.
Located in south-central Virginia along the North Carolina border, within a day's drive of two-thirds of the nation's population, this city boasts historical landmarks, recreational opportunities and beautiful rolling countryside. Places Rated Almanac magazine ranked the city the 61st most affordable place to live in the United States, with the 11th lowest housing costs and the 27th lowest crime rate, out of 351 metropolitan areas. This city is quickly becoming a hotbed of culture in southern Virginia. Enjoy the City's rare combination of small town charm and big city offerings!
Salary range is $85,000—115,000. $15K sign on bonus, no relo asst