We are searching for Director of Surgical Services for a a 290 bed acute care facility hospital located in Spring Hill FL.
With a long and illustrious history of providing the highest level of critical care for their community. Founded in 1981 it was the first hospital to be built in northwest Pasco County serving residents in Pasco, Hernando, and Citrus counties. It was the first hospital to deliver a comprehensive cardiac and open heart program.
Salary: 130- 155 K MAX
- **15% bonus plan potential, with 150 upside, making it where they can earn up to 22.5% bonus potential, based off base pay & total performance of hospital. Paid out annually
SIGN ON: 10K
RELO: case by case (typically offer 10K relocation (lump sum), paid out when they first start)
Director of Surgical Services Department leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations. The Director Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
- Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient roundingIdentifies and mentor potential future leaders
- Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Responsible for department’s operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Enforces safe procedural site and patient verification policy
- Monitors and responds to quality event reporting
- Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
- Advances the growth agenda for Surgical Services.
- Strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients, staff, and payers in the community they serve
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
- Develops and builds strategic internal and external networks.
Supports HCA by:
- Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
- Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- Performing other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR nursing required
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred
- Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- MUST be a RN with BSN
- Must have at least 3-5 year of Manager or Dir level experience in Surgical Services
- 12 OR rooms
- Reports to the CEO