The HCA East Florida Division, a 317 acute care licensed bed facility, is a significant force in the communities we serve. We continue to take a leading role in fundamentally transforming the way healthcare is provided. Our entire team – our physicians, our nurses, our staff, our volunteers and each of our board members – is deeply committed to providing quality, compassionate, patient-centered care.
The Director of Surgical Services Department leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations. The Director Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
- Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient roundingIdentifies and mentor potential future leaders
- Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Responsible for department’s operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Enforces safe procedural site and patient verification policy
- Monitors and responds to quality event reporting
- Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
- Advances the growth agenda for Surgical Services.
- Strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients, staff, and payers in the community they serve
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
- Develops and builds strategic internal and external networks.
Supports HCA by:
- Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
- Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- Performing other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR nursing required
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred
- Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred
- 156 beds, brand new hospital. Opened in November 2021
- 7 OR’s
- This hospital is almost replacing Plantation. Have kept part of Plantation open. Will have an ED there, NICU, & OB at Plantation, but University will be full service
- Moving 2 DaVinci robots from Plantation to there, pretty robust
- GYN, women’s, new service lines…..want to go heavier in ortho, have already recruited Neuro surgeon, have a cath lab….but going to have it report to Director of imaging to start, he is former cath lab tech
- Staff – have done a great job of building team back up
- This person will have a Manager, charge nurse or clinical nurse coordinator over board, 2 service line coordinators, ortho/neuro & robotics coordinator, have charge over PACU & charge over outpatient
- Staff transitioned there as well, still a lot of recruitment
- Has a Union, but great relationship with the Union reps
- Did report the COO, but she just transitioned to a promotional role. Therefore it is now reporting to the CEO (Madeline Nava) and the CNO
Salary Range: 110- 140 K MAX
15% bonus plan potential/ can earn up to 22.52% potential