Our client, a 100+ bed hospital, located in Western ID, along the Snake River and right on the border of WA, has a need for a Pharmacy Director to join their team.
This position has the responsibility for the coordination, management and organization of all activities and functions of the Department of Pharmacy.
The Director of Pharmacy must demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of patients served in his/her department. The individual must acquire and/or demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span. He/she must be able to provide care with consideration of developmental status
PRIMARY (ESSENTIAL) DUTIES
- Coordinate services of Pharmacy through open and active communication with the medical staff, nursing staff and other hospital staff via individual contact as well as active participation on the following committees: Pharmacy and Therapeutics, and Quality Assurance.
- Review, revise, monitor and institute policies and procedures as needed to maintain and improve the delivery of pharmaceutical care.
- Prepare annual budget, project budget increases secondary to new therapeutic agents, and monitor the department’s operations so that the department may stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Administer personnel functions within the department such as performance evaluations/salary actions, counseling/disciplinary action as required, staffing schedules, and staff development.
- Assure that proper records and documentation are maintained as required by law and hospital policy, as represented by the following: Narcotic control, tax-free alcohol documents, purchasing and receiving documents, quality assurance documents, JCAHO documents.
- Assist with the distributive and clinical functions within the department.
- Responsible to coordinate and adhere to inventory management and supply chain initiatives in collaboration with Material Management.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited College of Pharmacy & be licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Idaho
- Must be able to be a courteous listener and speaker, and also be able to understand, persuade and influence people
- This position requires effective communication skills that enable one to understand and identify problems and then propose effective solutions that will be accepted and supported by medical and hospital staff.
- This position requires one to be able to plan and prioritize and be able to deal with emergency situations and periods of high service demands associated with frequent interruptions
- The job requires handling a variety of problems resulting in careful analysis so that solutions will coordinate with all departments involved and fulfill departmental and hospital objectives
- Prefer a minimum of five (5) years of hospital pharmacy experience
- Prefer minimum of three (3) years of supervisory or management experience.
- Need ability to develop short and long range goals that provide leadership and direction of the department.
- Needs to be familiar with the operation of laminar flow hood, biological safety cabinet, computer and ordering systems.
With warm weather and mild winters, this area has more sunny days than almost any other place in the Northwest! Recreational opportunities abound, from premiere waterskiing, jet boating, sailing, whitewater rafting, hunting, fishing, swimming, golfing, hiking and camping to shopping, family fun, and fantastic events. Miles of paved levee pathways follow the rivers for walking, jogging and biking. You can find some of the greatest fishing for salmon, steelhead, small mouth bass, trout and sturgeon. Snow skiing and snowmobiling are only a short drive away. Shopping in downtown provides many opportunities for antiques, art galleries, gift stores, viewing historic buildings and stopping along the way to dine at local eateries or to grab an espresso at the local coffee house. The mall houses a complementary mix of retail specialty stores, restaurants and service centers in a climate-controlled facility or head over to the Plaza for local retail chains such as Pier One Imports, TJ Maxx and Eddie Bauer.
Spokane, WA (104)
Coeur d’Alene, ID (116)
Missoula, MT (217)
Boise, ID (267)
Salary range is $126,796.00-- $190,195.00 plus up to a 10% bonus potential and relo asst.