Director of Nursing, Skilled Nursing Facility
$124,800.00 to $165,000.00
*Skilled Nursing Experience Highly Preferred.
Position responsible for providing leadership, direction, and support for one or more patient care departments, ensuring the delivery of quality care to patients; and for planning, implementing, reviewing, and controlling the budget, staffing, and robust process improvement
Education: Bachelor of Nursing degree from an accredited school of professional nursing required; Master’s Degree preferred
Skilled Nursing or Rehab experience
Previous Leadership Experience
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Professional Certification in clinical area or management within one year of hire preferred
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Five (5) years of progressive clinical experience; see attached Table 1 for Direction I-IV leveling
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion, and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Directs the day-to-day operations for assigned patient care departments, maintaining 24/7 operational responsibility, and directing clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Reviews and approves all new hires, establishes, and controls standards for performance appraisals; works with managers to identify staffing needs and provides for; accordingly, coordinates training needs of staff with education department; remains available, accessible, and visible to staff; recognizes staff’s achievements and accomplishments and provides ongoing feedback on performance.
- Works with service line leaders and managers to establish departmental scope of service, goals and strategic plan for the department; stays up to date on new developments in the field and incorporates such in the department’s scope of service; reviews departmental policies, procedures, and systems; conducts appropriate department promotional activities and participates in hospital market activities.
- Monitors and directs all patient care activities.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement, desired client-centered outcomes, and organizational outcomes.
- Ensures that revenue, expenses, contribution margin and FTE’s meet or exceed budget; prepares and submits budget and related reports; forecasts and accurately projects expenses; takes corrective action to address negative variances; identifies and proposes capital budget items appropriately.
- Promotes physician input and communication; includes medical staff in planning new or revised policies, procedures and services; provides rapid response and follow-up to medical staff issues/concerns; seeks new ways to encourage new physicians to utilize hospital services.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing requirements and standards.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff, and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Company Culture & Perks
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
The Houston Chronicle named us a Top Workplace for the 10th consecutive year. They partnered with Energage to gather survey responses from employees, and ranked companies based on criteria ranging from company values and culture to leadership and benefits.
We rated highly based on our values and the meaningful work we do. We’re honored to receive this recognition and inspired to do more for our people.