Reports to – Division Director of Laboratory Services
FTEs - 20-30
BEDS - 68
- Administrative oversight of lab
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Oversight of expenses and labor management
Target salary range: $115-$125k + 15% incentive bonus
Sign-on bonus up to $10k - Relo bonus if they live further than 50 miles from facility
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Directs operations, programs, and activities to meet organizational and regulatory requirements and to drive innovation.
- Ensures adequate and qualified staffing for the department through timeliness and consistency of staff hiring, orientation, competency, training, performance feedback and performance management.
- Develops and recognizes staff through coaching and regular feedback.
- Serves as a role model for employee output and conduct.
- Sets and executes department strategies to meet goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial, patient satisfaction and personnel management.
- Proactively and regularly seeks feedback and input from internal and external sources. Evaluates and incorporates feedback into the department improvement and planning process to improve care delivery.
- Oversees the financial operation for the laboratory by monitoring resource utilization, identifying variances and opportunities, and adjusting as needed to meet service and fiscal goals. Prepares Monthly Operating Review report.
- Assures compliance with standards set forth by accrediting agencies: CAP, JCAHO, CLIA, FDA and CMS. Develops and implements policies and procedures and verifies annual review of all policies and procedures.
- Manages key vendor relationships and supply contracts in coordination with Laboratory Services and Supply Chain guidance.
- Develops and implements a communication plan to ensure that department personnel are well informed. Fosters open communication by offering, encouraging, and accepting suggestions from staff regarding department operations
- Directs and organizes operations through the appropriate, delegation of responsibilities and authority in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities of the staff and provides management, coaching, guidance, delegation opportunities, and on-the-job training and re-training as necessary to ensure operational efficiency and adherence to policies and procedures;
- Baccalaureate Degree in Medical Technology, Biomedical Science, Biology or Chemistry required.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- National Certification as a Medical Technologist required,
- State license where required (CA, FL, GA, HI, LA, MT, NV, NY, ND, RI, TN, WV)
- 7 years of progressive laboratory management experience is required with complex laboratory operations
- Hospital clinical laboratory experience preferred