Our client, a midsized hospital located in Iowa, about 1 ½ hours from Des Moines, has a need for an experienced Lab Director to join their team. Candidates MUST have HOSPITAL Lab management experience to be considered. The Director will oversee 39 FTEs.
**They STRONGLY prefer a permanent candidate, but will consider someone Temp to Perm as well**
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES – Responsible for the overall operation of the Laboratory
SUPERVISOR – CFO and Laboratory Medical Director
SUPERVISES – Laboratory management and administrative staff
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Sets the overall strategy and the vision of the laboratory
- Sets the overall tone and builds the laboratory culture
- Responsible for successful team-building within the laboratory and hospital
- Ensures responsibility for the overall financial strategy of the laboratory to meet established goals
- Ensures regulatory and accrediting agency compliance by developing, integrating, coordinating, and providing ongoing support for compliance with regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Ensures the continued growth of the reference laboratory and hospital by actively utilizing client recruitment, retention, customer relations and marketing strategies.
- Responsible for employee relations, recruitment and retention of employees, and all aspects of human resource management to maintain a high quality and positive work place environment with minimum turnover.
- Ensures excellent delivery of customer service to all laboratory clients, coordination of laboratory services and processes with those of ORHC and its departments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of accreditation and regulatory requirements
- Strong knowledge of applicable laws and guidelines of laboratory and personnel management (CLIA, HIPAA, CAP, CMS, OIG, FMLA, ADA, etc.)
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn and use new information technology.
- Strong project management skills, strategic planning skills and change management skills
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written, and electronic.
Minimum Education: BA/BS in Medical Technology or scientific discipline. Preferred Education: MBA or MA/MS in scientific discipline. (Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered). Hospital or reference laboratory experience preferred.
Minimum Experience: 5 years Supervisory/Mgmt. Preferred Experience: 8 years Supervisory/Mgmt. in a hospital or reference laboratory setting
Our residents represent more than 50 countries. Come enjoy big-city diversity with small-town spirit. Experience eclectic dining. Sleep well in historic accommodations. Bring your gathering to world-class conference facilities. Join us for some of Iowa's most unique events. Say hello to the wildlife on our river trails. Find that perfect antique or locally made treasure in our shops. Dine around the world at our award-winning restaurants. Hike, bike, fish, birdwatch and take photographs along the 16-mile Trail System. We have something for everyone.
Des Moines, IA (90)
Cedar Rapids, IA (103)
Davenport, IA (133)
Peoria, IL (176)
Salary range is $75,000—110,000 plus sign on bonus and some relo asst.