We are seeking candidates for a Director of Labor and delivery opportunity with an HCA hospital located in San Antonio area.
Compensation Details: 100-112k, with 15% bonus potential
Position: Director, Labor & Delivery - San Antonio, TX
The Director facilitates, coordinates and delegates the delivery of patient care to a defined group of patients during their entire hospitalization period. Provides leadership and overall responsibility for the functioning of assigned clinical patient care/procedural unit(s). We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
What You Will Do in Your Role:
- The Director reports to the Senior Director, Vice President, and/or the Chief Nursing Officer
- Responsible 24 hours a day, with full accountability, for 70-80 staff, 42 beds, and management of patient care in each of his/her units, for promoting the practice of professional nursing in a specified patient care area, and for the acquisition, development, and utilization of resources (human and material) needed to fulfill those responsibilities.
- Liaison between physicians and the patient care team and works cooperatively with administrators, physicians, staff, other managers, and all customers of the Methodist Healthcare System to provide services, which consistently meet and exceed the expectations of their customers.
- Assess and prioritize opportunities to improve, plan and implement effective changes and evaluate outcomes of process improvement activities.
- # of Beds Per Unit: 9 antepartum rooms; 15 L&D rooms; 3 OR, 5 PACUs rooms; 4 triage rooms and 9 overflows
- # FTEs (MGR/DIR only) : L&D – 52 and Mother/Baby -55
What qualifications you will need:
- Three years recent RN acute care experience
- Must have Director of Labor and Delivery experience at a large hospital
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- TX RN or Multi/State Lic