Our 25-Bed Critical Access Hospital, located near Albuquerque, is looking for a HIM Director to join their team.
Summary: The Director of Health Information Management is to strategically plan, supervise, and coordinate daily operations in the Health Information Department in order to provide timely and quality services to administration, medical staff, patients, families, and other organizations associated with the Cibola General Hospital.
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Manages: HIM Staff
- Coordinate and manage the Health Information Department operations; prioritize and disseminate work to staff.
- Develop, implement, and maintain department policies and procedures, job descriptions, and performance standards.
- Maintain effective inter- and intradepartmental communications regarding Health Information Department operations and services.
- Assist in development of the budget, and monitor the budget for assigned cost centers and/or operational areas and accounting for variances in the budget by reports as is required.
- Monitor departmental operations and recommend policies and procedures for compliance with Joint Commission guidelines, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Manage and coordinate Transcription; Release of Information; Coding and Abstracting; Scanning and Record Processing for timely, efficient, and effective completion of work.
- Manage departmental computer applications: Chart Management and/or Chart Locator and/or Correspondence Management and/or Encoder/Grouper/Abstractor and/or Dictation/Transcription and/or Patient Index/Statistics.
- Is responsible for HIPAA Privacy Officer duties and responsibilities including training/orientation of facility’s employees.
Educations, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Minimum: Associate’s degree in Health Information Technology. Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Technology
2. At least 3 years supervisory/management experience in health Information technology field
3. Required Certification/Licensure: AHIMA registration as a RHIA or RHIT
4. Must have knowledge of ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 coding as well as ICD-10 CM/PCS. Preferred: AHIMA approved ICD-10 trainer.
5. Must have knowledge of Joint Commission Accreditation requirements
6. Must have knowledge of state and federal regulations in regards to health information and coding issues
7. Must have knowledge of DRG’s and APC’s
8. Excellent skills and knowledge of personal computers & software, Cerner EHR System experience preferred.
programs used to prepare reports, code and abstract records, compile statistics, prepare presentations, research information and perform other health information functions
This city is a diverse community of 9,300 people descending from many cultures and backgrounds. Our climate is mild year-round, typical of the high desert. We are located 1 hour west of Albuquerque on I-40 and 1 hour east of Gallup. Our area offers low property taxes, inexpensive housing, the convenience of a nearby large city, and an abundance of open space. The area offers scenic vistas of mountains and mesas, historical attractions, a national forest, national monuments, state parks, and many forms of outdoor recreation. It also plays a vital role in the mining and forest restoration industries as well.
Great food served in a genuine atmosphere of beauty and enchantment. We still revere tradition here as well as innovations and continue to celebrate the early blend of Native American and Spanish cultures that created our singular cuisine, different from anywhere else in the American Southwest or Mexico.
Salary range is $95,000 -115,000.