Our client, a 300 bed hospital in Southern NM, about 1 hr from El Paso, TX, has a need for an experienced Director of Endoscopy to join their team.
DDC is an independent practice that was formed twenty-four years ago, and currently is made up of 4 GI partners and 20 employees.
About the Endoscopy Center:
The Endoscopy Center is a Joint Venture with DDC. The ENDO center is a fast paced and rewarding place to work. The ENDO Center has 5 procedures rooms that handles up to 9000 procedures a year supporting five GI’s (four from DDC & one GI employed by the hospital). The hospital & DDC is seeking a transformational and collaborative leader who can empower and mentor the team to continue their successful endo center operation.
This position will report to the COO of the hospital.
Outstanding mentorship opportunities.
Key Responsibilities & Requirements for the Director of Endoscopy:
- Able to work collegially and collaboratively with staff, peers, and physicians. Successfully communicates with the physicians regarding their schedules. Keeps them informed regarding clinical or other issues affecting the Endoscopy Center. Listens to their concerns and requests while always working toward a mutually successful outcome.
- Troubleshoots and is pro-active in keeping the Endoscopy Center functioning without delays. Identifies the correct contact to refer issues including but not limited to the COO and DDC.
- Coordinates all Endoscopy Center physician and employee schedules. Must approve all add-on procedures. Includes MD pick-ups for vacation availability. Builds MD schedules in the G-Gastro system.
- Inspirational and collaborative leadership style that can build a culture of teamwork and ensure the highest level of patient care is provided is consistently. Successfully communicates with the Endoscopy Center employees creating a positive work environment.
- Hires, directs, and supervises all employees. Delegates responsibilities as indicated. Holds the employees accountable to their job description, standards of care and to the rules and regulations set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Responsible for all local, state and federal compliance requirements. Establishes and enforces policies and procedures for the center (i.e., AAAHC, OSHA, HIPAA, safety compliance, etc.).
- Participate and ensure measures are met for the GIQuIC registry. Participates in all continuous quality improvement projects and data collections.
- Performs other duties as required or as requested by executive management and/or the physicians.
- The director will manage a team of up to 30 FTE’s.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred (either bachelor’s or Master’s must be in Nursing), RN Active License required State of NM.
- At least two (2) years Endoscopy leadership experience (at Manager level or above).
- At least five (5) years endoscopy nursing experience, ideally in a complex endoscopy setting preferred.
- Relocation assistance will be offered to the successful candidate.
This city is located in the verdant Mesilla Valley in southern New Mexico and is the 2nd largest city in the state (larger than Santa Fe). The area has been "home" for humans for at least 4,000 years, and that's no surprise to anyone who has seen this town. The area offers a vast selection of annual events and attractions, great weather with an average of 350 days of sunshine a year! With a mild high-desert climate and spectacular views of soaring mountains and the Rio Grande Valley, this area was once home to the likes of Geronimo, Billy the Kid and the early Spanish settlers of New Spain. Today, with the influences of New Mexico State University, White Sands Missile Range and the wonderful cultural diversity of a border town, the city is the ideal place to live, work and raise a family.
Salary range is $89,731-$134,600.39, $10K relo asst.