Director of Emergency Services
REPORTS to CNO
$95,000.00 to $115,000.00
Current RN license in the state of Iowa at time of hire
Current certification in BLS.
3-5 years’ experience in related clinical practice with minimum of 1-2 years in clinical leadership role.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES – The Director of Emergency Services provides clinical and administrative leadership and expertise in the field of emergency medicine, and is responsible for the implementation of the vision, mission, plans, and standards of the organization and nursing services.
SUPERVISOR – Chief Nursing Officer
SUPERVISES – Emergency Department and Ottumwa Regional Mobile Intensive Care Services (ORMICS) Staf
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Participates, and facilitates staff participation, in nursing and organizational policy formulation and decision-making.
- Accepts organizational accountability for services provided to recipients.
- Evaluates the quality and appropriateness of care.
- Provides guidance for and supervision of personnel accountable to the Director of Emergency Services including evaluation of performance.
- Coordinates nursing services with the services of other health care disciplines.
- Participates in the recruitment, selection, and retention of personnel.
- Assumes accountability for staffing and scheduling personnel.
- Assures appropriate orientation, education, credentialing, and continuing professional development for personnel.
- Develops and monitors the budget for defined areas.
- Participates and involves nursing staff in evaluative research activities.
- Fosters a climate conducive to educational experiences for nursing and other students.
- Maintains oversight of the hospital trauma program and ensures that the facility is meeting all state requirements for trauma designation.
- Assures appropriate level of understanding, awareness and compliance with all applicable Joint Commission, CMS, state and local agency laws, internal/external regulations, guidelines, policies, procedures and professional standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing or related field, or AD in nursing with demonstrated equivalent competencies and enrollment in baccalaureate program.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in related clinical practice with minimum of 1-2 years in clinical leadership role.
- Current RN license in the state of Iowa.
- Current certification in BLS.
- Must obtain ACLS and PALS certifications within 6 months of hire.
- Must obtain TNCC certification within one year of hire.
PAID TIME OFF