Director of Emergency Services
Our client , located in Western, North Carolina, serves as the regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care in western North Carolina and the adjoining region. Mission Hospital is licensed for more than 800 beds and houses the region’s dedicated Level II trauma center.
Are you ready to manage in a new era as the Director of the Emergency Department where building a healthier tomorrow is more than a job? Our Mission Hospital team is committed to partnership, innovation, legacy and improving more lives in more ways. Share your resume today.
We are committed to providing our executives the support they need. They offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
· Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
· Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
· 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
· Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
· Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
· Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
· Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
· Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
· Adoption Assistance
· Legal Benefits and lots more!
· 815 licensed beds
· Union- National Nurses United (NNU)
· They joined HCA in 2019
· Level II Trauma – moving Level I depending on survey in Oct 2021
· Comprehensive Stroke Center
· Union with NNU – in CBA process now – will take ~ 1 year for this to finalize.
· Geographic locale is a huge recruiting tool
· Room for opportunity to do better with patient experience
· Helping team with process improvement, patient experience and clinical quality
· Holding staff accountability is opportunity – sepsis a big area for opportunity
· Cultural lift for this new leader – feels the staff is ready for this – really getting to “us” “we” as well as removing the “this is not my job…” mentality
· Very visible
· Roll-up sleeves type role and willing to “work in the weeds”
· 3rd busiest ER in the company (Sunrise and Savannah top 1 and 2)
· ED is 90,000 square feet
· 94 exam rooms
· One main ED with both Adult and Pediatrics
· Overall, they see ~260 patients/day, ~95,000 patients/year
· The Pediatric is for ages 0-21 and they see ~12,000 patients/year. They are in conversation now with idea of adding a Peds Coordinator.
· They own 32 ambulances and have own ground service
· Also own 2 helicopters
· They are on Cerner – plan to stay on this for now
Will have 3 nurse managers (days, nights and weekends)
9 supervisor nurses
11 forensic nurses
What qualifications you will need:
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree or Master’s Degree in Nursing for Nursing Directors
Preferred Education: Master's Degree
Required License: BCLS may be required for those leaders providing patient care
Required Experience: Three years of technical and managerial experience in area. Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, Internet and Intranet software, e-mail.
Preferred Experience: Database software
Strong ED director experience over large ER—must be ER
Programmatic approach to leadership, problems, executing play books, metrics, proven ED operation results, strategic thinker, people leader
Comp - $90, 708 - $140K; 10k sign-on; 10k relo
Backfill for Tiffany Vincent who was promoted to VP of ES