Our client, a 100 bed hospital located in NW AZ, has a need for ER Director to join their team. The ED Director will maintain the day to day operations, in addition, to helping to create some processes and staff engagement. This position is located near Bullhead City, AZ.
The Director of ER works under the responsibility of the Chief Nursing Officer. The ER Director is responsible for the overall strategy, planning, organizing, implementing and controlling functions of these department. The Director is accountable for the quality of the services provided and maintains certification and accreditation with the appropriate governing agencies
16 beds (2 trauma rooms)
Base Station for 4 EMS providers
Chest Pain Accredited
Summary of Duties:
- Provides overall direction necessary to insure that department services and programs are provided in accordance with standards established by the Medical Center and outside regulatory & licensing agencies such as TJC, Arizona Department of Health Services and the Centers for Medicare Services.
- Promotes and markets the Medical Center’s Emergency Medicine unit to key stakeholders and the community.
- Interviews, selects, ensures proper training of, and when necessary disciplines and/or discharges department personnel.
- Develops, secures approval of, and implements the short term and long term departmental goals and objectives that assist the Medical Center in achieving the objectives outlined in the strategic plan.
- Develops and implements the approved annual department budget.
- Leads quality improvement and patient safety initiatives.
- Is able to demonstrate extensive knowledge of established policies and procedures.
- Promotes an environment that encourages team building by courteously, cooperatively and effectively working with physicians, ancillary, nursing and other support personnel in maintaining the standards of professional nursing practice in the multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function well under stressful situations.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Assists in on-boarding and mentoring new Directors, Managers, Clinical Supervisors and Resource Nurses.
- Degree in Nursing (BSN or higher preferred)
- Prior Leadership Experience in the ER
- BLS required; ACLS preferred
Once you get past our awesome 360 degree views of mountain ranges, the mighty Colorado River and its wonder, our unique history, and the diversity of Mohave County, you'll find a community robust with unique and diverse people, and with a spirit that will touch your heart. Today, we are approaching 100,000 (the entire county's population is over 200,000) with southern Californians selling their high-priced homes for our better values, new neighbors escaping the massive congestion and big city traffic issues in Phoenix and Las Vegas, and retirees throughout North America buying where they regularly vacationed. Others "discover" Western Arizona for our warm winters, outdoor recreation, and gaming. We offer the Hualapai Mountains (pronounced “walla pie”) of 8,000' snow-capped peaks, camping, hiking, to near 0 elevation desert lands for motor biking and discovering. We're dry with little annual rainfall but offer year-round unlimited water sports, from kayaking through gorges to boating on Lake Mohave. And while we offer Las Vegas-style casinos, sports books, day spas, and entertainment across the river in Laughlin, NV, here in the Mohave Valley we play with our families in parks, cheer our state champion high school sports teams, and meet close friends and neighbors at community-sponsored festivals and concerts. Las Vegas is not in our backyard. We like it that way. But it is an easy drive to what is arguably the world's largest adult playground with unbelievable shopping, dining, and premier entertainment and sports.
Salary range is $110-125K, up to 10% bonus potential, $15K in sign on/relo asst.