Director of Case Management
Salary Estimate: $110,000 - $135,000
Sign-On Bonus: Case by Case Basis
Relocation: Case by Case Basis
Trident Health is a 440 plus bed HCA Healthcare hospital system comprised of two acute care hospitals – Trident Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center – two freestanding emergency departments – Centre Point Emergency and Moncks Corner Medical Center – an and an affiliation with CareNow Urgent Care in Good Creek and Care Now Urgent Care in North Charleston. The Joint Commission recently named Trident Health as one of the nation’s top hospitals for quality and safety for the fourth year in a row. Other noteworthy services include a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, an award winning Heart Center, the Trident Breast Care Center and the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery. Accredited by the Joint Commission, Trident Health is committed to providing quality health services along with wellness information and opportunities to the communities it serves.
The Director will have overall responsibility for managing and coordinating department activities for Trident and Summerville Medical Centers (Trident Health System). In this position, you will ensure staff compliance with organizational policies and external regulatory agencies and takes leadership responsibility to coordinate the integration of the department's patient care and discharge planning processes with related hospital departments and external agencies to ensure continuity of care and optimal clinical resource utilization.
The Facility Case Management Director has the overall responsibility for managing and coordinating department activities. The Director ensures staff compliance with organizational policies and external regulatory agencies and takes leadership responsibility to coordinate the integration of the department's patient care and discharge planning processes with related hospital departments and external agencies to ensure continuity of care and optimal clinical resource utilization. The Director has oversight for all aspects of daily hospital case management operations and is accountable for achieving established outcomes through actively engaging interdisciplinary teams and external stakeholders. The Director is a registered nurse with twenty-four hour (24) seven responsibility for all operational aspects of the Department.
This position requires an executive presence and must possess excellent communication and presentation skills, proven motivational capabilities, and a demonstrated accomplishment record of delivering results and attaining goals. This position is a subject matter expert in case management that requires solid leadership, trust building, team building, as well as change management skills to ensure success of the department and case management initiatives. This position requires an individual who is a self-starter and has the ability to manage multiple priorities, work with minimal supervision on projects and activities, and demonstrate tact and diplomacy in situations of conflict and controversy. This individual must be able to adapt quickly to change and coordinate efforts across multiple stakeholders.
What you will do in this role:
· You will have oversight for all aspects of daily hospital case management operations and is accountable for achieving established outcomes through actively engaging interdisciplinary teams and external stakeholders.
· You will recruit and assure competence of customer-focused staff, analyze, organizational performance issues, develop quality improvement indicators, and develop and maintain department budgets
· You will assume the role of leader in planning, organizing, coaching and facilitating your department functions and staff to ensure quality service during operational hours.
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State which you practice or must hold Compact/Multi-State RN License
· BSN Required; MSN, MHA or MBA preferred
· 5+ years of experience in case management required; 3+ years of experience in a Case Management leadership role in an acute care setting, strongly preferred
· Certification as a Case Manager preferred
· InterQual experience strongly preferred
Previous Director resigned for a career change. Current coverage provided by Managers and CFO.
FTEs: around 34 (several more that would be PRN)
Candidates MUST HAVE experience in Case Management in acute care setting, stable work history, and having recent experience leading/managing a case management department as a Director.