Our client, a 100+ bed hospital, located in Western ID, along the Snake River and right on the border of WA, has a need for an experienced Director of Cardiovascular Services to join their team. Candidates MUST be a RN.
This position is responsible for providing leadership for the cardiovascular service line at. Develops objectives, policies, and procedures for department cost centers to formalize and implement the mission, vision, and values of the hospital. Maintains the standards, customer relations, and practice in the cardiovascular service line. Responsibilities include quality of services, short- and long-range planning to achieve goals and objects, fiscal control, physician and interdepartmental/intradepartmental relations, and personnel management. Develops and executes initiatives in line with the hospital strategic plan to improve the cardiac and interventional radiology programs.
PRIMARY (ESSENTIAL) DUTIES
- Meets with the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) on a regular basis to discuss departmental objectives, policies, procedures, standards of care, management and personnel concerns, incidents, emergencies pertinent to patient care operations, personnel management, and other issues affecting the department.
- Meets with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Operating Officer (COO), Physician Services, and Growth and Outreach on a regular basis to discuss and develop the strategic plan and physician recruitment, relationships, and contracts.
- Develops and oversees the cardiovascular service line. Scope of responsibility includes the following:
Cardiovascular Catheterization Labs (Including 24/7 Call Coverage)
Outpatient Heart and Vascular
- Collaborates with executive leadership, finance, physician partners, and growth and outreach to develop and implement short- and long-range plans to lead, develop, and revise programs to enhance volume, access to care, clinic practice services, and enhance both local and regional relationships.
Provides leadership in developing, planning, and implementing business plans and overseeing the business and financial operations. Works closely with leadership to support patient access, physician practice reports, revenue analysis, and billing/coding documentation.
Develops and maintains community relationships as it relates to the continuum of care. Responsible for developing and maintaining collaborative relationship with the affiliate and/or local community critical access hospitals and acts as a liaison and advocate for the physicians.
Participates in the implementation of an effective, ongoing program to measure access and improve patient care.
Examines the possibilities of growth by identifying opportunities to enhance market position and organizational effectiveness.
- Leads the assigned clinic practices in the overall marketing, program development, and service priorities. Coordinates with physicians, physician services, and growth and outreach to assure continuity in pursing service line/organizational goals and synergy in implementing plans and problem resolution.
- Develops, implements, and maintains a realistic, cost-effective annual budget in close cooperation and teamwork with leadership and finance teams.
Enhances operational effectiveness, with emphasis on cost containment and increased patient encounters without compromising quality of patient care and safety.
Monitors financial statements to ensure appropriate financial management.
In conjunction with the legal department, exercises due diligence throughout contract development, negotiations, and compliance by reviewing, analyzing, and consulting appropriate resources to diminish risk.
- Practices process improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of the service/care provided within the clinical areas. Maintains competency in all organization, departmental, and outside agency environmental, employee, or patient safety standards relevant to job performance and ensures compliance of clinical practice and staff. Leads in compliance with all legal, regulatory and/or accreditation standards or guidelines and ensures quality of care standards are adhered to.
- Develops, retains, recruits, and leads a talented team committed to accomplishing the goals and objectives of the hospital. Recommends, implements, and evaluates plans and systems that assure sufficient number of qualified and competent staff to provide care/services. Adheres to administrative policies and procedures relating to human resource management.
- Participates in physician and advanced practitioner recruitment and retention strategies and conducts assessments for expansion and/or replacement of these individuals.
- Demonstrates and encourages an ethic of open communication and teamwork throughout the organization. Builds an environment of shared commitment to the hospital goals and responsibility to achieve quality outcomes.
- Participates in evaluation, selection and integration of health care technology that support quality patient care and future growth and business performance.
Must have two to three years of experience in service line leadership with a minimum of three years in cardiovascular services
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
With warm weather and mild winters, this area has more sunny days than almost any other place in the Northwest! Recreational opportunities abound, from premiere waterskiing, jet boating, sailing, whitewater rafting, hunting, fishing, swimming, golfing, hiking and camping to shopping, family fun, and fantastic events. Miles of paved levee pathways follow the rivers for walking, jogging and biking. You can find some of the greatest fishing for salmon, steelhead, small mouth bass, trout and sturgeon. Snow skiing and snowmobiling are only a short drive away. Shopping in downtown provides many opportunities for antiques, art galleries, gift stores, viewing historic buildings and stopping along the way to dine at local eateries or to grab an espresso at the local coffee house. The mall houses a complementary mix of retail specialty stores, restaurants and service centers in a climate-controlled facility or head over to the Plaza for local retail chains such as Pier One Imports, TJ Maxx and Eddie Bauer.
Spokane, WA (104)
Coeur d’Alene, ID (116)
Missoula, MT (217)
Boise, ID (267)
Salary range is $114,129.00-- $171,204.00