Director, Nursing Talent Acquisition-Houston, Texas
Salary Range: $134,000-$185,000
Eligible for Management Incentive Program at 20% target incentive
Sign on and relocation assistance negotiable
This position will primarily lead the nursing recruiting teams across all regions, which includes 2 managers and a total team of approximately 25 FTEs. This position reports to the VP, Talent Acquisition & Staffing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required
- Active RN license preferred
- Minimum five years of talent acquisition leadership experience with at least 3 years in a clinical nursing role, preferably in a large healthcare system.
- Displays a high level of integrity and confidentiality in all interactions.
- Proven success in building strong client relationships and being seen as a partner and consultant.
- Strong business acumen related to leveraging and interpreting data, making business cases for recommendations, and articulating the return on investment (ROI).
- Demonstrated successes is improving processes, driving accountability, providing outstanding service delivery and meeting/exceeding targets & deliverables.
- Creative problem solver.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that build confidence, trust, and promote a culture of engagement and transparency.
- Technically savvy on an array of recruiting tools. Workday experience preferred.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “Advancing health. Personalizing care” through compassion, courage, credibility, and commitment to community.
- In conjunction with VP, defines and executes the nursing recruitment strategies to ensure the hospital has the talent needed to maintain operations and achieve growth plans.
- Collaborates with senior leaders and HR colleagues to develop and implement a nursing talent acquisition plan by, region, service line, facility, and for the system as a whole and to identify talent acquisition process gaps and issues that impact organizational effectiveness.
- Enhance community and school partnerships to optimize pipeline of nursing talent.
- Establishes, monitors, and reports key metrics on recruitment best practices to ensure the effectiveness of the talent acquisition process and position the Hospital as an employer of choice among target candidates.
- Ensures recruitment processes drive efficiencies, offer superior service delivery, and are consistently adhered to across the nursing recruiting team.
- Improves the internal mobility process that facilitates talent movement.
- Personally, handles searches for the recruitment of executive talent as needed.
- Identifies, develops, and builds talent acquisition capabilities in the organization.
- Assists with the development, management, and adherence of the talent acquisition budget.
- Ensures regulatory compliance in recruitment practices.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff, and visitors; adheres to all hospital policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity, and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a newly created role. The Director, Nursing Talent Acquisition will lead an intentional focus on the development and execution of nursing recruitment strategies across our 270 care delivery sites in the greater Houston area.
*The position will require the candidate to reside or relocate to Houston. While they may have an opportunity to work from home some days, it will require regularly onsite meetings with leaders across the system.