Diagnostic Imaging Director-Southwestern Virginia
Salary Range: $100,000-$110,000
Sign on bonus & Relocation assistance
140 licensed beds, acute care facility
For profit healthcare system
The Director of Diagnostic Imaging performs a variety of functions to include the responsibility for planning, organizing, and directing the overall operation of the Diagnostic Imaging Department. Ensures compliance with patient care quality standards as it relates to the care provided to all age groups of patients ranging from infants to geriatric. Maintains efficient and effective department operation while requiring compliance with all JCAHO, local, federal, and state regulatory laws, standards, and protocols.
- Bachelor of Science required.
- Registered or registry eligible in Radiography, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, or Echocardiology.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in Diagnostic Imaging required.
- Experience in Diagnostic Imaging Management (Supervisor or Assistant Director of a Diagnostic Imaging Department) preferred.
- Current BLS certification.
- Strong clinical skills with ability to react decisively in emergency situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Verbal and written ability to give information and present ideas essential in administrative management.
- Familiarity with organization and functions of each hospital department.
- Leadership ability, integrity, and initiative required.
- Ability to motivate personnel.
- Ability to problem-solve effectively and handle stress in a positive manner.
- Maintain harmonious relationships with nursing personnel, medical staff, hospital administration, and all hospital departments.
- Responsible for collaborating with other departments regarding resources and services for improved patient care.
- Must have excellent customer relations skills.
- Maintains records and reports relating to regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates with the Executive Management team on planning, organizing, and directing Diagnostic Imaging services and ensuring compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations. Interacts professionally with patients, patient’s family, physicians, physician’s offices, administration, and other departments throughout the organization to ensure the appropriate and highest quality of patient care.
- Maintains Continuing Education credits as required by the ARRT.
- Coordinates and participates in Joint Commission preparation and compliance.
- Knows and follows Environment of Care standards.
- Demonstrates good radiation safety practices.
- Performs daily rounds in the Diagnostic Imaging department to evaluate the effectiveness of departmental operation, utilization of personnel and supplies, and general ethical and professional atmosphere.
- Is familiar with the proper procedure for screening patients for contrast risks, injecting contrast, and contrast reactions.
- Coordinates and participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Assists with the preparation of the Diagnostic Imaging budgets for personnel, operating expenses, and capital equipment.
- Is responsible for the fiscal operation of the department.
- Responsible for ensuring competence of all personnel.
- Conducts annual Performance Appraisals and Competency Assessments for all Diagnostic Imaging staff.
- Delegates authority, tasks, and responsibilities to Diagnostic Imaging personnel as necessary.
- Attends and participates on Hospital Committees as assigned and appropriate.
- Work involves potential exposure to ionizing radiation.
The gateway to the Blue Ridge Mountains - rich with tradition, shopping, recreation, and scenic beauty.