Controller-Mississippi (50 miles South of Jackson)
Salary range: $99,000 to $161,000
Bonus eligible: based on hospital and personal performance
Relocation assistance & up to 6 months living expenses
90+ licensed beds, not profit acute care facility
Manage department providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all Company activities that will assist management and other users in making educated economic decisions about the Company’s future.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the activities of the Accounting Department for the accurate and timely preparation of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, and cost reports, annual audits and annual budgets.
- Prepare and distribute 1099’s as appropriate.
- Oversee the activities of the Accounts Payable Department ensuring the accurate and timely processing of patient and insurance refunds, accounts payable, petty cash, core employee expense reports and cash control.
- Assist with maintenance of KRONOs System (ie. work rules, pay rules etc.)
- Oversee the activities of the Payroll Department ensuring the accurate and timely processing of core payroll processing, total corporate payroll tax compliance, quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports (i.e. quarterly 941, unemployment reports, etc.)
- Coordinate W-2 preparation. Counsel w/employees regarding W-4 preparation, other wage/tax matters.
- Oversee the activities of the Accounts Receivable Department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all Accounts Receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc; funding service management which includes weekly funding reports and customer service.
- Assure compliance with all IRS reporting requirements to assure the accurate and timely completion of all not-for-profit tax returns.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls, which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the Company’s value.
- Respond to CFO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his financial needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Conform with all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
- Prepare IRS form 990 and 990-T annually.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Reports to the CFO.
- Want someone with healthcare experience who is potentially on CFO track.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA certification desirable
- Must have 10 years of hands-on accounting managerial experience. Three years healthcare related accounting experience or five years general accounting management experience.
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax and banking working knowledge.
- Very computer friendly - spreadsheet proficient (hardware and software).
- Strong managerial abilities.
- Computer equipment and software requirements: Spreadsheet package (Excel, Quattro or Lotus)
- Latest computer technology